cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to attach Dropbox files to email in Mail app on Ipad has disappeared

Ability to attach Dropbox files to email in Mail app on Ipad has disappeared

hkmart3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have regularly been able to attached documents from Dropbox when creating an email on OSX Mail app. However, now I am not able to. Steps that fail are below:

1. Create email on iPad with Mail.
  2. Tap on the paper clip icon OR tap in the body to get banner of options, including Add Attachment
  3. Window opens with file access options; under LOCATIONS, find ICloud Drive, On My IPad, and Recently Deleted. No Dropbox option.
  4. No MORE... button anywhere to add Dropbox as a choice for Mail to attach documents.
  5. I have looked in Settings for a way to tell either Dropbox to allow access or Mail to get access to Dropbox. No success yet.

Please, any solution? I have found discussion of problem with Outlook and referral to Microsoft, but there is no MS Office involvement in this issue.

Thanks in advance.

20 Replies 20

EMay
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Jay, 

The issue began when I was using a stable version, so I upgraded my iOS and Dropbox.  The problem continued.  Occasionally it will work, but mostly won't.  

EMay
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've noticed the same thing, where the files that will attach have the download symbol.  But, this is also inconsistent.  Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't.  

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If the Files app isn’t updating with the latest version of the file as it appears in the Dropbox mobile app, then this would be related to the Files app itself.

There isn’t much we can troubleshoot here since the integration is handled through that app. 

You can try deleting the Dropbox mobile app, rebooting the device, and reinstalling the app to see if this helps however.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kw7790
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am now having the same problem as above but this is update to 13.1.3.

I am always signed in, I have always been able to attached files but now it just "waits" and waits and does not attach the file.

Can you please email me with a solution?

[personal information removed for security purposes]

Thank you in advance 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this @Kw7790.

Could you forward me a screenshot of how this looks like on your end so I can have a visual?

In addition, have you rebooted your device lately?

If possible, can you please open the Files app on your device and press ‘edit’? Under locations you should see all available locations along with Dropbox. Please switch this off and on again and press 'done'.

After this is done then, please try again. 

Let me know the results please. 

PS: I removed your email address from your post for security reasons and to better align with our Community's Guidelines. If you'd like to get in touch with our team for account specific troubleshooting, you can log a ticket here: https://www.dropbox.com/support

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

HD3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello! I would love your help. I am running iOS 13.1.3 on an iPad Pro 12.9 inch and having the following problems:

- when using the iOS mail app, trying to attach files, dropbox is not listed in the files app. I have reinstalled dropbox, and unticked / re-ticked dropbox in the files app.

- when using the outlook mail app, trying to attach files, dropbox is listed, but when I choose a file to attach, it just thinks about it interminably and the app needs to be restarted, at which point the attachment has been lost from the draft email.

I will have to discontinue using Dropbox if this cannot be resolved as I am currently unable to use it to attach files to emails on either iOS or outlook mail apps. 

Thanks,

HD

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about this @HD3.

As you've done some troubleshooting so far, would it be OK with you if I reached out via your Dropbox associated email address to have a further look into this?

Thanks in advance for your reply and welcome to our Community!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

HD3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes please do reach out directly Walter. Thanks - i look forward to hearing from you. Best, HD

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your swift reply @HD3.

I just sent you an email (thus creating a ticket for you) so we can investigate further with all of our tools at my disposal.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Thanks so much for your cooperation!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

CShel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I’ve lost access to Dropbox files, too, on emails from my iPhone and iPad. How do you enable Dropbox on the Files app? Only choice is iCloud.
Cannot find App Files in Settings on my phone - it’s missing too.
All files are up to date
Please help; I need to send a customer a file
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    CShel New member | Level 2
    HD3 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?