cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to attach Dropbox files to email in Mail app on Ipad has disappeared

Ability to attach Dropbox files to email in Mail app on Ipad has disappeared

hkmart3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have regularly been able to attached documents from Dropbox when creating an email on OSX Mail app. However, now I am not able to. Steps that fail are below:

1. Create email on iPad with Mail.
  2. Tap on the paper clip icon OR tap in the body to get banner of options, including Add Attachment
  3. Window opens with file access options; under LOCATIONS, find ICloud Drive, On My IPad, and Recently Deleted. No Dropbox option.
  4. No MORE... button anywhere to add Dropbox as a choice for Mail to attach documents.
  5. I have looked in Settings for a way to tell either Dropbox to allow access or Mail to get access to Dropbox. No success yet.

Please, any solution? I have found discussion of problem with Outlook and referral to Microsoft, but there is no MS Office involvement in this issue.

Thanks in advance.

20 Replies 20

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @CShel; thanks for joining our discussion here and welcome aboard!

Based on your description, it looks like Dropbox has not been set as a location in the Files app on your devices.

Can you please open the Files app on your device and press ‘edit’? Under locations you should see all available locations with Dropbox toggle off. Please switch this on and press 'done'.

After this is done then, please try again. You should see the functionality has been restored.

Keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    CShel New member | Level 2
    HD3 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?