cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Absolutely HATE the new Dropbox update

Helpful | Level 5

I can;t even express how much I literally hate the new Dropbox update - It sucks in so many ways that I do not even have the time to list them all ..  Mainly becasue I am still having to jack with the files as we speak and cannot bear to waste any more time and productivity than I already have today on this piece of garbage update..  Seriously frustrated!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Absolutely HATE the new Dropbox update

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey peeps, thanks for checking in with us and for your feedback!

I just wanted to add here that you can continue to use your Dropbox folder in your File Explorer/Finder to open files instead of the Dropbox desktop app by changing your preferences. More specifically:

1. Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray or menu bar
  2. Go to your profile picture or initials in the upper right corner.
  3. Click Preferences….
  4. Select the dropdown next to Open folders in: and choose File Explorer/Finder.

I hope this helps to some extent, but let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

114 Replies 114
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @caytk, sorry to hear you’re feeling this way, let me see if there’s any way to improve that. 

Just so as to ensure I'm advising you correctly, could you elaborate a bit on the source of your concern whenever you have a minute? As you've posted under the Installs section, can you clarify if that's what's causing you trouble? 

Thanks in advance! 

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I can't seem to copy multiple files and drop them into another folder anymore - that's annoying.
Also almost every time I rename a document, if I click off onto another document it doesn't accept the name and I have to type it again. Annoying too! Also on list of file names, you can't drag the 'created date/time' column along meaning the ends of long file names are not visible. These are just THREE MAJOR FLAWS that I have already found. I am not considering moving over to Evernote.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Johnconnor, sorry to hear you’re facing difficulty completing certain actions; let’s see what can be done regarding that. 

can't seem to copy multiple files and drop them into another folder anymore - 
  • For starters, are you unable to complete this action on your pc/Mac/our website? Are you getting any error messages along the way incidentally? 
  • When it comes to the rename, does that happen only in Dropbox? Could you include the steps for me to replicate if possible? 
Once you let me know of the above, I’ll try to address your inquiry regarding the file names as well, since I’d need to understand your current workflow, in order to further advise. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Put the double click to open back on the windows application.  It sucks having to constantly click open on everything.   Can we opt out of the new version and go back to the classic?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @cpaulhvac, sorry to hear you’re feeling this way. 

I’m here to guide you through, however it would be great if you could let me know a bit more info on the exact action you’re having trouble with. 

I’ll be awaiting your next reply! 

Jane

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

For what it's worth, I also hate the new Dropbox. I found this thread by searching google for "i hate the new dropbox" 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Likewise: completely removed the entire point of behaving like a file folder; and forced install. Time to cancel subscription.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey peeps, thanks for checking in with us and for your feedback!

I just wanted to add here that you can continue to use your Dropbox folder in your File Explorer/Finder to open files instead of the Dropbox desktop app by changing your preferences. More specifically:

3. Click Preferences….
  4. Select the dropdown next to Open folders in: and choose File Explorer/Finder.

I hope this helps to some extent, but let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Lusil

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
  3. Click Preferences….

I also googled for "new Dropbox sucks" and found  this answer to allow me to turn this crap off.... of I would have gone to another service, the new way is so bad, it took up way too much room and made you relearn waht you already knew. If it isnt broke... if you ever take away the open to just use Explorer, you will lose this customer

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?