cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Absolutely HATE the new Dropbox update

Collaborator | Level 10

I do agree.

I did notice that previous mentions (polite version of complaints), were given standard answers from whoever.

The closed as resolved.

I don't think it is unfair to say that as small customers, we are no longer the priority.

It is the paying customer they are are after now?

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
Yes Dropbox new unfo is not friendly.
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I too cannot stand the new updates, and this new version is _horribly_ inconsistent.  I managed to disable the completely unusable SmartSync "feature" and then figured out how to get back to the standard file explorer view.  However, I still have the following problems (windows 10, latest updates):

1) In one of my synced Dropbox folders, I have a directory full of nothing but another 8directories (sorting old receipts by year).  There are files in all the directories and they all individually show as synced (green check).  However, for the directories themselves only 3 of the 8 show the green "synced" checkmark - the rest have no indication, and trying to drop a file into one of these folders is *SLOW*.  Note I'm using a 2TB NVME SSD on PCIe 4.0 with a Ryzen 3950x and 64GB RAM.  There is *NO* reason (other than the Dropbox Sync process getting in the way) that dropping a file in here (moving or copying from the desktop) should be so slow.  There *IS* a difference with the new Dropbox sync - it is *NOT* as fast and usable as it used to be.

2) I used to be able to double-click the tray icon to bring up the Dropbox folder in File Explorer.  Nice fast shortcut that didn't take up toolbar or desktop space.  NOW the first click (left or right - doesn't matter) only brings up the stupid App and then I need to mouse over to the folder icon to open the File Explorer.  Give me the double-click back!!!!  This was *FAST* and it *WORKED*!

-Michael (paying Dropbox user for over 10 years and *VERY* frustrated with these recent changes)

Highlighted

New Dropbox Layout (Desktop) I HATE IT! How do I change it back???

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Happily working away in Dropbox on my desktop and BAM! My whole dropbox suddently looks different! What the heck happened? It now looks like the online version and I HATE IT! How do I get the old layout back again? The whole interface is different.

Highlighted

Re: New Dropbox Layout (Desktop) I HATE IT! How do I change it back???

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My (favorite) work laptop is older technology.   It works more efficiently using explorer rather than this format.  Is there a way to open directly from explorer?   This is taking more time than needed.  Help!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Same here. I've used the explorer way for about 10 years now and hate this new version and have to click so many more links to get back into explorer view - it's making me so less efficient. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Solution Found:  

1: click Dropbox icon in your system tray or menu bar

2: click your profile picture or initials  in upper right corner

3: click preferences

4: click the dropdown next to 'open folders in:' and choose 'file explorer'

Hope this helps

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you! 

Spaces does not work properly on my pc (could be due to my wide screen) and while it works on my mac just fine, it is very clunky.

Highlighted

Re: Absolutely HATE the new Dropbox

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I so agree. Dropbox was great as a multi-computer data store with selective sync. But, now all this other crap, their user interface, to dos (really?), Microsoft document plugins, etc, are crap. Why can’t companies stick to their original purpose instead of constantly seeking to add “features”
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I cannot agree more.  The new update is the worst.  Thank god they allowed us to still use the folder view!!!!  Man i havent seen a fail this bad since windows 8.  

I would have left dropbox over this lol  no.  Seriously,  i would have...

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?