cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Absolutely HATE the new Dropbox update

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I agree Careyz,

Still very buggy   No happy but it a ok bandade until I find a different platform.  

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I totally agree. Simple and clean is way better. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Actually I looked into Backblaze and, unfortunately, it is more expensive than $60 if you need to actually access and share files that are large on a regular basis. Then you have to also pay for their cloud storage. Dropbox has been doing MUCH better in their overall subscription costs given the ease of sharing files - they have just screwed up with this new app. What would make Dropbox actually back at the top for me is if they stopped letting the backup and sync process make decisions about what it was going to sync and where - and let the subscriber decide fully and finally. They make it wicked hard to easily find their new settings AND they do not allow the backup process to sync JUST what the subscriber chooses and WHERE they choose. I don't want certain files that they decided to coop to be stored IN Dropbox as opposed to my PC. Their assumptions when they created the app took from the worst that Google and OneDrive have to offer. I assume they thought this would "freshen them up" and make them seem to have the "best" of the features" of those two solutions - when in fact they ended up absorbing the WORST of those two solutions instead. I think they rolled this out well before they had done good testing, created appropriate documentation for self help, and without doing due diligence in usability testing. They can fix it, but time is ticking. This is a very competitive market made even more so now that more companies are finally deciding it is actually not a bad thing to have a lot of employees working from home.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

You are not the only one. . .I also ABSOLUTELY HATE DROPBOX!!!!!!!!!! There aren't enough words to describe how much I hate this application. It is unbelievably intrusive and inconvenient and I resent that I was "forced" to use it in the first place. I have always had other ways of backing up all my data and prefer my methods. As soon as I can figure out how to delete Dropbox without losing or damaging my original files, I AM PERMANENTLY GETTING RID OF IT!!!!!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I switched to using online only. I am hoping that will not change. I would truly like to stay with Dropbox. I hope they are truly listening to people. I can guarantee you, after 40+ years working in computer support, that even more people have decided to walk away than have taken the time to express their frustration/concerns. I truly appreciate those who are trying to respond as "good citizens" of this community to try to help people navigate this change. There are always naysayers anytime a favorite tool changes. But I hope they do not write these comments off as being that type of concern. I KNOW about design and usability. They have made a very serious mistake with this app and I hope future updates will correct the egregious issues SOON. If they change online, I'm going to cancel my subscription immediately - but so far it is working ok. A few oddball things that I've mentioned in other threads and they have reached out quickly with information to help (which is why I really like this tool). Tools gotta work more than they frustration, though. :-(

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Unfortunately, Dropbox is completely in denial. Perhaps they are on the magical effect of Trump's steroid. They think they are on a Reality show.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi everyone, thanks for all your feedback on this thread!

I just wanted to mention that if you don't want to use the desktop app and just go back to using your Finder/File Explorer, you can follow the steps I mention at the beginning of the thread. 

If you have any requests about features you'd like to see in the future, feel free to post them here

In the meantime, if you have any other thoughts for us, just give us another nudge. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Wow, didn't expect to see the derangement syndrome in a thread about how Dropbox has decided to off itself.  Free rent my friend.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 10

If you ignore it for long enough, it becomes the norm...........

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 10

Hi Lusil,

Have you replied to the wrong thread? I wonder.
If I switched to the explorer view, will this undo all the unexplained and unecessary convoluted methodology that has been introduced?
And revert the app to how it used to be?
If so...... I will definately give it a try.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?