cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Dropbox files through zoom

Accessing Dropbox files through zoom

HA11
Explorer | Level 3

After update of the zoom application on 30th May, I can no longer access my Dropbox files just by clicking share content. I now have to grant access to zoom. To do this I must “connect to Box” which leads me to a page where I must “log in to grant access to box” but I when I try to log in to authorise the access it says my password is wrong but I know it isn’t. I don’t know if this has anything to do with the fact that my Dropbox account was created by signing in with google. How can I fix this?

8 Replies 8

Re: Accessing Dropbox files through zoom

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hello @HA11, I'd be happy to help out here!

From what you mentioned of the error that you're getting, it sounds like you're choosing Box instead of Dropbox which is a different service.

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of the options that you see when you choose "Share content"? Also, do you see Zoom in your connected apps page here in your account online?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

HA11
Explorer | Level 3
Good morning,

Thank you. Dropbox and Box now appear to both be options so that has been resolved. My next and probably bigger issue is that before the update selecting Dropbox led me straight to the app and I could open a file which would then show up on the screen. Now I have to grant access to zoom, and then open the file online and then it displays on the screen as a URL. Dropbox is already connected to Zoom. How can I get it to open straightaway using the app?

Kind regards,

Hareef

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @HA11.

Can you clarify for me if it's requesting you to grant access each time you try and share content from the Dropbox app?

If so, could you try disconnecting and then reconnecting the Zoom integration from your account settings here to see if that does the trick?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

HA11
Explorer | Level 3
For comparison:
On my iPad when I select share content, then select iCloud Drive, it opens the menu within the zoom app and then when I select the file I want it opens within the app. This is what used to happen with the Dropbox app before the update.
Now, when I select Dropbox, it opens Dropbox in my web browser and then I must select the file I want from there, and click choose. It then gives me the message “open in “zoom”?”. After selecting open it takes me back to the Zoom app where the Dropbox platform opens within the web browser of the zoom app. It gives me the option to “get the app” (I already have the app) or to “continue to website”. Clicking “get the app” takes me to the Apple store and achieves nothing. “Continue to website” opens the file within the web browser of zoom app. This is a much more tedious and most pressing of all is because the file is open within a web browser it lags quite a lot.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @HA11; how are you today?

I'm sorry to jump in here, but could you check if your device's OS and our mobile app's version are up to date?

Also, can you check if the email address you used for Zoom matches the one you have stored under your Dropbox account?

Let us know what you find! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

HA11
Explorer | Level 3
Good afternoon,

My IOS and the Dropbox app are up to date.

Kind regards,

Hareef

Walter
Dropboxer

And as per the email address(es) used on both instances Hareef?

Is the email address you use for Dropbox an exact match with the one you use for your Zoom account?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

HA11
Explorer | Level 3
The email address for my zoom account is the same one as the email address that I have used to connect zoom to my Dropbox.

If you are asking if my zoom account email is the same as my Dropbox account email then no they are not the same.

What requirements have changed since the update? None of this was a problem before the update. I didn’t even need to connect zoom to my Dropbox.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

HA11 Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?