cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally downloaded dropbox app - which account?

Accidentally downloaded dropbox app - which account?

kramerlib
Explorer | Level 3

Somehow I downloaded the dropbox desktop app! As such, I don't know the dropbox account it's linked to. I do have a dropbox account (two, actually) but have always accessed online. The files that I have put in the desktop app don't show up in either of them, though they do have the green circled arrow, which I assume means they've synced?

Is there a way to find out which account the app is linked to? Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: accidentally downloaded dropbox app - which account?

Rich
Super User II

Go into Preferences (if it's the desktop app) or Settings (in mobile apps) and look for the email address associated with the account.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

Go into Preferences (if it's the desktop app) or Settings (in mobile apps) and look for the email address associated with the account.

kramerlib
Explorer | Level 3

How do I do that? Unfortunately when I open the app, it looks like it's just a folder. There's no "app" feeling to it and it doesn't show up in the taskbar.  Have attached a screenshot of what it looks like when I double-click the icon. Is this not actually the app? It says it's an .exe file.

Screenshot (1321).png

Rich
Super User II

Wrong icon. You're clicking the icon on your Desktop or Start Menu. You want to single-click the Dropbox icon in your system tray (near the clock in the lower-right corner of the screen).

kramerlib
Explorer | Level 3

Amazing! Thank you- I never would have thought to look here. 

Unfortunately the window doesn't stay open when I move my mouse after clicking on the icon... so I can't open the preferences.  I think this is just a computer issue, but do you have any ideas how I might resolve this?

kramerlib
Explorer | Level 3

Just kidding! Found a way hitting random keys- ctrl was the winner. 

Turns out the email was incorrect...

Thanks so much for your help! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kramerlib Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?