cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Dropbox Password to Desktop

Add Dropbox Password to Desktop

jasonhirsh
Explorer | Level 4

I have the prototype Dropbox Password on one of my my desktop and my mobile phone and iPad.

I there anyway I can install on my second Mac desktop?

4 Replies 4

Re: Add Dropbox Password to Desktop

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @jasonhirsh, thanks for messaging the Community!

The Dropbox Passwords desktop app is no longer available for new installations, so it won't be possible to install it on the Mac device.

Instead, you can use the extension on this page in order to use the feature with your existing browser.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jasonhirsh
Explorer | Level 4

Chrome no problem.    Safari I get a request t closed windowan open safari preference where no link to this 

This is nice but.

Foofoo5
Explorer | Level 3

My copy of Dropbox Passwords desktop app for macOS suddenly stopped working this week; the box opened as usual, but the loading spinner simply spins endlessly and the app fails to open. I searched for a new copy of the app to install, but could not find even a reference to why it was absent. I then began a chat with support last night & was informed that the app was being discontinued in lieu of browser extensions. What angers me about this situation is that I had received many emails from Dropbox promoting Passwords, all the time strongly encouraging me to try it, and offering me assistance in setting up automatic filling of sign-in fields & forms, etc. - i.e. everything LastPass did in an easier, nicer app. I was at the end of my LastPass subscription, so I cancelled it to use Passwords exclusively. After the chat, I installed the Passwords extension for Firefox Mac, and while the icon for Passwords sat in the sign-in fields as usual, when I clicked on the icon, I got the message, "Unlock Passwords to use the extension." Perhaps this is referring to the now non-functional Passwords app that won't even open, let alone unlock? SoSearch the instructions in Firefox regarding the extension and... sorry, there are no instructions. Now, I cannot imagine how someone within Dropbox didn't consider it a poor customer service decision to not at least notify users that Passwords desktop for macOS was discontinued before disabling it. Such disrespect for customers is intolerable to me, and I suspect that having to continuously consult my iPhone for passwords to compensate for a dead app and a worthless extension will lead me - and my stored files - back to iCloud.

MikeReborn
Explorer | Level 4

The link that Jay mentioned above worked for me, thank you!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MikeReborn Explorer | Level 4
    Foofoo5 Explorer | Level 3
    jasonhirsh Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?