cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac OSX

Add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac OSX

cstrand
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I'd like to add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac. I've found these instructions for windows (and here) but the corresponding options don't show up in the Mac version and, unfortunately, I haven't been able to track down any instructions for Mac. Does anyone know how do this? Is it possible?

Thanks,

Christopher

P.S. Please let me know if there is a btter place to be posting this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey cstrand, thanks for posting your question here! 

Just to re-iterate Marks comment above, you may keep in mind that the option is only available for Windows operating systems, though you may still Add Dropbox as a Place on Office 365 Online to save and view Office files directly in your Dropbox, if you’re working on a Mac. 

I hope this is helpful to you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

35 Replies 35

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
It isnt possible that I know of I'm afraid.

Certainly not that I've seen (and I use Mac's).

Tried asking over at Microsoft's forums?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey cstrand, thanks for posting your question here! 

Just to re-iterate Marks comment above, you may keep in mind that the option is only available for Windows operating systems, though you may still Add Dropbox as a Place on Office 365 Online to save and view Office files directly in your Dropbox, if you’re working on a Mac. 

I hope this is helpful to you! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

jmal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello, Jane, Community Moderator! The link in your replies does not seem to work for me - but it implies that there IS in fact a way to add Dropbox as a place when working on a Mac. I would like to know how to do that, if it IS possible, so perhaps you could re-post the link? THANKS!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

There is a way of doing it in Windows and online as Jane said but NOT on a Mac

https://help.dropbox.com/business/adding-place-microsoft-office

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lurk
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Jane quite specifically writes "you may still Add Dropbox as a Place on Office 365 Online to save and view Office files directly in your Dropbox, if you’re working on a Mac. "

No matter. What plans exist to give Mac users the same functionality as Windows users have? Do we not pay the same fees?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Lurk, while we can’t share any details in regards to feature implementation, I can re-assure you that I’ve added your voice to the feedback gathered internally, since our dev team is actively tracking your interest for future improvements. 

I hope that this is helpful to you & thanks again for commenting on the Forum on the matter! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Tayo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please add my voice to this.  I work in the legal field and a lot of litigation software these days is Mac-centric, especially for small practices or solo practitioners.  We use Dropbox Business but are desperate to make collaboration more efficient.  Small firms can't afford to pay for a ton of workarounds that merely complicate life but would pay a small additional fee for something easy to use.  We prefer Dropbox to the alternatives, but some of them seem to offer more collaboration choices right now, and I don't want to change.

Bobby4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You're totally right! We are also a small business using dropbox business, yet microsoft 365 does not let me save on an online place on dropbox, we are only allowed to save on Microsoft one drive or sharepoint... which is difficult seeing we already on dropbox... we dont want to start to migrate....

so inconvenient. 

geojesien
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Many of us who use dropbox extensively work on Windows and Macs and would like to fully use Dropbox on both platforms. My laptop is a Mac Pro and I can't fathom that I can't easily get to my Dropbox files to use in the Office applications. Surely this can get fixed in the near future

Need more support?