cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac OSX

Add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac OSX

cstrand
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I'd like to add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac. I've found these instructions for windows (and here) but the corresponding options don't show up in the Mac version and, unfortunately, I haven't been able to track down any instructions for Mac. Does anyone know how do this? Is it possible?

Thanks,

Christopher

P.S. Please let me know if there is a btter place to be posting this.

35 Replies 35

lono1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Please update as suggested - i don't understand why mac users pay the same price for less functionality. The inability to add Dropbox is more likely to drive me away from Microsoft products rather than to stay with them.

Fixxxer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I followed the directions in the link, and ensured that the Office integration was enabled throught the Admin settings of my Drobbox Business account. However, when I go to excel/word/powerpoint and choose the 'Save As' funciton and try to add dropbox as a place, it is still not listed as an option for Online Locations. I am restricted to Sharepoint and OneDrive.

Anyone experience this as well and have a solution?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Fixxxer, thanks for poking me here! Kindly note that if you have a Dropbox Basic or Plus account, you will not need a Microsoft account or Office license to edit your files.

However, if you have a Dropbox Business account, you will need an enterprise Microsoft account with a license that allows editing in Office Online (Business, Business Essentials, Business Premium, ProPlus, E1, E3, E4, or E5).

Additionally, if you're using a tablet larger than 10", Microsoft requires that you have an O365 license to use Office applications. 

Would you mind checking whether any of the above applies in what you’re currently experiencing? Please let me know of your findings in your next message here so as to follow-up with you as closely as possible. I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

AA1065
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please add my voice to the many who are asking for full Mac integration, and not just for laptops but for iPads as well. Thanks!

Bob927
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That only comments on Windows!!  &%*$*#(!!!

not helpful at all.

we need a MAC solution!!!

Bob927
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

And I am a stockholder. What am I supposed to do?  Throw 5 years of accumulated files into the ocean like a rock?  This is absolutely aggrevating!!  Makes dropbox worthless.  

AlisonLawton
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I don't understand.... I was actively doing this on my MacBook Air. I unfortunately water damaged it a few days ago and had to buy a new MacBook. I have been going through and setting it up, and now my Dropbox wont integrate with Excel/Word etc. I've no idea why I could do it before, and why I can't now. This is really frustraing! 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @AlisonLawtonsorry to hear about any frustration this may have caused you; let’s see what could be done to return to your previous state of affairs. 

From what I gather from your description, it looks like you used to follow Nate_C’s instructions here to save your files to Dropbox on your Mac, is this the case? If so, could you try replicating once again referencing these instructions & let me know here if you’re facing any issues along the way or you need further guidance in any way? Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting to work on that with me & I’ll be awaiting your next reply here with the outcome!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Jon16
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This answer is confusing.  the link goes back to the set of instructions that says you need a Mac?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Jon16, please accept my apologies for the tardy reply here; I can see that you've discussed that with Nate under this conversation, so I'm cross-linking the two threads for anyone else viewing this interaction in the future. :wink:

Other than that, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us if you need further guidance & we'd happily work with you again. Take care until then!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

foleys5 New member | Level 2
    kristianholden New member | Level 2
    Swede_IRL Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    Guilherme Dutra Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?