cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac OSX

Add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac OSX

cstrand
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I'd like to add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac. I've found these instructions for windows (and here) but the corresponding options don't show up in the Mac version and, unfortunately, I haven't been able to track down any instructions for Mac. Does anyone know how do this? Is it possible?

Thanks,

Christopher

P.S. Please let me know if there is a btter place to be posting this.

35 Replies 35

AlisonLawton
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hiya, my daughter did this for me. She just downloaded the Dropbox app to my Mac and it’s now available for me to file and access things directly from within work and excel

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Fantastic @AlisonLawton, I was initially under the impression that you had already installed the desktop application, however your last update made matters much clearer! 🤓

We’re always just a post away in case you have further inquiries or thoughts in the future, so don't hesitate to reach back out here at any time. Happy Dropboxing & take care until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

grace56
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for posting the following information. It helped me a lot in solving my issue. I have another query to ask. Whenever I am going ahead and trying to create an outlook profile and I am trying to connect to a Microsoft office 365, I am getting an error "trying to connect". I have checked all the settings and gone through the configurations office 365 login. 

Suggest me if I missed out anything.

jhonson1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have been ushing office 365 for a long time and I am very satisfied with my pc which runs on windows10, but recently I bought a MacBook pro for my personal office work. So I need office 365 for my work before in the app store ofic365 is not available but now it is available with less functionality. I bought it and installed microsoft office 365 download it from App Store. But I did not find the dropbox in it and I need it so how to enable dropbox in mac. If anyone know the solution then help.

Sabanero
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, is it real? I could do the integration with the Ipad pro, but I can not with the Macbook Air.

How is that possible? And I did it before they werw separate OS. 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Sabanero, thanks for joining us here!

You can still set Dropbox as a location within the mobile apps, regardless of the OS (Android or iOS).

You can find the steps here under the iPad section on how to unlink/relink your Dropbox account to the Office mobile apps.

However, for the desktop Office apps this is only an option for Windows users.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

KB503
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is this a technical issue or is Microsft just making it difficult to try to entice users to their product (365)?

Rover3d
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Any update? It is mind-boggling that DropBox is, in essence, not fully compatible with OSX.  I had previously used Office 365 on a Dell PC and synced to my mobile devices.  Now that I upgraded to an iMac desktop I have lost functionality and cannot use AutoSave for any Office work but instead have to save locally (and often) and then add the files to a preexisting DB folder?  That's nuts.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Rover3d, as this is a restriction to the Office app itself, this is unrelated to Dropbox itself.

It you're interested in this feature, I'd recommend contacting Microsoft, as it is their product which no longer allows Dropbox to be added as a place.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

McMorse
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I really miss this feature. Love Dropbox but this is very inconvenient when using the world's most popular office programs. Unbelievable that Dropbox cannot be added as a place in Microsoft 365. Please get this sorted as soon as possible!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

foleys5 New member | Level 2
    kristianholden New member | Level 2
    Swede_IRL Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    Guilherme Dutra Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?