cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac OSX

Add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac OSX

cstrand
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I'd like to add Dropbox as a place in Office 365 for Mac. I've found these instructions for windows (and here) but the corresponding options don't show up in the Mac version and, unfortunately, I haven't been able to track down any instructions for Mac. Does anyone know how do this? Is it possible?

Thanks,

Christopher

P.S. Please let me know if there is a btter place to be posting this.

35 Replies 35

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@McMorse - please have a read of the thread, it is a restriction imposed by Microsoft not Dropbox.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Guilherme Dutra
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

"I can re-assure you that I’ve added your voice to the feedback gathered internally"

It's almost 2022 and Dropbox hasn't implemented it... ridiculous coming from you guys, really disappointing... Maybe we'll have to migrate to *neDrive or G**gle Drive as soon as possible.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Guilherme Dutra - it isnt Dropbox thats the issue. Its Microsoft they need to write the code in there own software to do this. Dropbox cannot. Dropbox cannot force another company to put things in its code. 

And think logically here... Microsoft do not want you using Dropbox. They want you on OneDrive. It is not in there business interests to do this 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Swede_IRL
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Unfortunately this doesn't help you if you, like me, would like to have "auto-save" switched on. Then you have to have it added to list of Places.

kristianholden
New member | Level 2

This is not a solution. 

The online version of Microsoft office lacks many of the functions of the desktop version. 

To date Box, Egnyte, ShareFile, and OpenText Content Cloud all have integration solutions - why does Dropbox not have a solution? Why have you been left behind by you competitors?

What I find frustrating is that during the sales process I was told repeatedly by Dropbox that this functionality existed.

Please resolve this asap otherwise we will migrate all our users to another Mac friendly solution. 

foleys5
New member | Level 2

Need to get this up and running for Mac users PLEASE!!!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

foleys5 New member | Level 2
    kristianholden New member | Level 2
    Swede_IRL Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    Guilherme Dutra Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?