cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Add Star Icon or Favorite files

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Guys,

I know we have this feature on mobile for the purpose of viewing offline.

But I would like to know if I can star or favorite a file or files when I am on a browser, as in website-base. I am not talking about starring a Dropbox document here. 

And maybe, once I starred something, the desktop program can automatically create a folder with all the starred files. Or any walk around?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Add Star Icon or Favorite files

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I agree, being able to select or star a folder, not just a file for quick access would make the Mobile apps actually usefull. currently the process is too slow and long. BOX.com has a Fav feature which works really so you can quickly access current projects across the web and mobile apps. something like this would be awesome

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Although it's a bit late, I'd like to chime in here.

For me, the possibility of having a separate section of Favorite files and/or folders would be tremendously useful. A big part of my storage is for backup, but there are a few folders that I access and update daily with my writings and research. As such, being able to Favourite or "pin" them would be awesome, especially on mobile, but also in the web interface, of course!

So +1 (much more, actually) for such a feature -- it would greatly improve my workflow, honestly!

Let's hope the team sees this and does something.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I also like being able to star a folder. I'd like to be able to use other icons or emojis and add more than one to a folder. Fo me it's a reminder of something that needs to be done, i.e presently a star means to order raw materials. I could use maybe 3 more, i.e. a sewing needle, spool of thread, smiley face, checkmark, thumbs up,  an open square and a filled in square,  an open circle and a filled in circle, etc.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?