cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add bookmarks to pdf files in iOS app

Add bookmarks to pdf files in iOS app

Aaron D.16
New member | Level 1

I use the mobile app to read a lot of saved pdf documents that I enjoy having access to across platforms. As a teacher, I need to bounce back and forth between different pdf documents often (textbooks, workbooks, printables, etc.). It is quite a hassle to have to browse through each of these each time I open them to find where I left off. 

Feature request: add a bookmark icon on iOS that allows the user to jump to the specified page easily. This will allow the app to be a full replacement for apps such as iBooks or Amazon Kindle. 

5 Replies 5

Re: Add bookmarks to pdf files in iOS app

Marco P.
New member | Level 1

Hi, Aaron! 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! 

We value user input immensely and are always working on improving our service and adding new features and functionality.

I'll make sure to pass your feedback along to the appropriate people so that they are aware.

Thanks for using Dropbox!

Sue C.13
New member | Level 1

I use Dropbox mainly to share and view pdf documents, rather than opening separately in an other app such as PDF Expert, because of the way that it is easy to navigate through large documents using bookmark indexing.  The bookmark icon is now missing from the options at the bottom corner of the document, I think following an update.  Can you please let me know if this facility has been removed?

Thanks

Bruce
Dropboxer

Hi there,

Sue - v4.2.1 was released today (Dec 15th) and has the fix for the missing PDF outline button. It's back! Let us know if you're still running into an issue. Thanks for your patience in the meantime, and for posting to our community!

Aaron - the app is currently supposed to reopen PDFs to where you last left off, are you no longer seeing this? That said, noting your feedback specific to being able to jump to specific pages and passing along to the team!

Rita A.2
New member | Level 1

I would like to know how to bookmark a page please.  Its VERY aggravating to have to page back and forth to find the correct place.

Thanks

Rita A.2
New member | Level 1

I would like to know how to bookmark a page please.  Its VERY aggravating to have to page back and forth to find the correct place.

Thanks

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rita A.2 New member | Level 1
    Bruce Dropboxer
    Sue C.13 New member | Level 1
    Marco P. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?