cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Dropbox location to iOS Files App Fails with multiple accounts

Adding Dropbox location to iOS Files App Fails with multiple accounts

Rob R.2
Explorer | Level 4

I'm trying to access Dropbox through the Files app in iOS on a relatively new iPad and it looks like it's trying to present some "request authorization" dialog box and then failing. See animated gif attached that shows what it looks like. I tap on "Dropbox", a blank pop-up (with a single, spinning, activity indicator view) shows up and then immediately disappears.

What's interesting is that on my other devices (see second snapshot) I'm seeing my two dropbox accounts, my personal DropBox Plus account plus my work account. But on this one device, I'm only seeing one account. But when I go to the DropBox app, itself, I see both.

So other devices see and can use both DropBox accounts on both Files app and Dropbox app, but this one device sees both accounts in Dropbox app, but only shows one account (with no distinguishing name to know which one it is) in the Files app and it can't even access that.

All devices are running iOS 11.2.6 and Dropbox app v88.2.2.

FYI, watching this on my macOS console, when I click on Dropbox in the left panel of the Files iPad app, I see a few errors when this strange behavior manifests itself:

error    11:16:21.837690 -0700    Files    com.apple.DocumentManager    Source    Cannot configure the Picker view controller in move or open if there is no storage URL for file provider

and

error    11:16:22.135676 -0700    Files    com.apple.DocumentManager    Source    Failed to get the proxy object for UI document picker extensions with error <private>

I deleted Dropbox app from this device and readded it with no success. Any other basic diagnostic tests to do?

Untitled.gifIMG_2678 copy.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding Dropbox location to iOS Files App Fails with multiple accounts

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks for the detailed description & for clarifying here Rob R.2, I hope you’re doing well today! 

I’d happily investigate this technical issue in more depth with you via email. If you agree to continue this discussion through our Official Support Channel, I’ll make sure to get in touch with you on my end. Once you confirm, I’ll write you as soon as possible. 

Happy Monday & I'm looking forward to your next message here! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey Rob R.2, thanks for checking in on the Dropbox Forum regarding this inquiry, let me send some tips below & we’ll take it from there!

For starters, can you confirm that you’ve linked both your Business+Personal accounts on this device (i.e. your iPad on the screen recording)? You can check that on the Account tab (bottom-right). In case they aren’t already connected on this device, you may have a look at the steps below to sign in on both accounts: 

#1. Tap Account on the bottom right of the screen.
#2. Tap Sign in next to your personal or work account.
#3. Enter the password for that account.

Please keep me updated on the outcome in your next message & I’ll make sure to follow-up with you as closely as possible. Thanks again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Rob R.2
Explorer | Level 4

As you can see in the second screen snapshot in my question, when I'm in the actual Dropbox app, I am already successfully logged into both accounts and I can get to files on both. Its only in the Files app, when navigating to the Dropbox section, that I see only "Dropbox", not the "Dropbox - Personal" and "Dropbox - ..." separate accounts that I see successfully within the Dropbox app.

It's weird. Other iPads and my iPhone show both accounts correctly in both DropBox app and Files app. It's only on this one new iPad, where everything works fine within DropBox app, but just not in Files app.

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks for the detailed description & for clarifying here Rob R.2, I hope you’re doing well today! 

I’d happily investigate this technical issue in more depth with you via email. If you agree to continue this discussion through our Official Support Channel, I’ll make sure to get in touch with you on my end. Once you confirm, I’ll write you as soon as possible. 

Happy Monday & I'm looking forward to your next message here! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

NormG
New member | Level 2
Hello, so what is the fix for this issue... as of this morning, my ability to attach files from iOS Mail is gone. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iPhone X with no luck. Thanks for your help!

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey NormG, thanks a lot for posting us on our Community on this matter! 

So as to make sure I’m sending you the right info, can you let me know whether you’re experiencing the behavior Rob has described above (namely, being unable to attach files for one of his accounts)?

As you’ve mentioned that you’ve re-installed our app on your iPhone, can you also confirm that you’ve also made all recent OS updates? Are you getting any error messages by any chance? 

Thanks in advance for taking the time to gather this info for me & once I have these details, I’ll check back with you in a bit more depth. Happy Friday! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    NormG New member | Level 2
    Rob R.2 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?