cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After changing iPhone models, can no longer access DropBox through 1Password

After changing iPhone models, can no longer access DropBox through 1Password

arbogast
New member | Level 2

I use DropBox for synching 1Password among 3 devices (iMac, MacBook, and iPhone Xs ... all running the most current versions of their operating systems.  Until today, when I replaced the iPhone Xs with an iPhone 11 Pro (configured identically), all three devices synced to the DropBox copy of 1Password normally.

After the iPhone upgrade, I can no longer access DropBox from it. Opening iPassword causes an immediate pop-up window, "1Password authorization failed.  It appears 1Password is no longer authorized to connect to your DropBox account.  Tap Authorize to reconnect to DropBox.  Pressing rhe "Authorize" button directs me to DropBox.com.  My User ID / Password, though, are no longer accepted.  Further, the pop-up window quickly reappears and the repeated appearances can't be suppressed. 

5 Replies 5

Re: After changing iPhone models, can no longer access DropBox through 1Password

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello @arbogast - welcome to our Community!

At first, could you clarify if you remember the email address and the password used for the account in question?

Also, can you forward me a screenshot of the exact error you get (you mentioned that your credentials are not accepted) so I can have a better look?

In addition, if you -by any chance- don't remember your password, or you need to reset it, you can visit our website here: https://www.dropbox.com/forgot

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: After changing iPhone models, can no longer access DropBox through 1Password

Bob W.24
New member | Level 2

Hi, I am having the same issue as Arbogast in Sept. How was his issue resolved?

Thanks / Bob

Walter
Dropboxer

Welcome to our Community and sorry for the late reply @Bob W.24!

Could you elaborate a tad on the issue you're facing?

I have a hunch that this might have to do with the device limit we implemented earlier this year but I'm not sure yet. Once you provide me with additional details on this, I'll be able to look further into it. 

Thanks a bunch Bob!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Bob W.24
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter, thanks for your reply. My daughter had 3 maybe 4 devices in her account.

After a fair amount of research and being unable to find an answer I went ahead and went to 1Password's Family plan which has their own syncing. With a purchase of two new phones in the future I just could not justify amount of time required resolving this kind of problem. So currently, I do not have an issue. But it might be nice to provide guidance to others in the community who also might face this issue when replacing a phone.

Again I thank you,

Bob

Dee2020
New member | Level 2
Hi There, I’m having the exact same issue with my new iPhone 11. Is there a fix yet? It is unusable atm. I have only have 3 computers (work, home, laptop) & 2 phones. My issue is exactly the same. Pops up with 1password no longer authorized & takes me to auth page but circular from there as nothing is accepted. My passwords & email are all current. You can briefly view the password lists between pop ups but the pop ups come up before you can actually use. The app is unusable. Advice appreciated!

Ps I have a pro account so it shouldn’t be the limit.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dee2020 New member | Level 2
    Bob W.24 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?