cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After installing the desktop app, it won't run on my computer. Any help?

After installing the desktop app, it won't run on my computer. Any help?

meles
Explorer | Level 3

Ihave download and install dropbox in my computer, but when i want to run it, seems doing nothing, and not appear in the system tray. Also, dosn't sync. I unistall and re-install it many times but still the same problem

3 Replies 3

Re: Not working

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @meles, I'd be happy to help out with this!

Since you've tried reinstalling the app without any difference, can you try doing an advanced reinstall to see if that does the trick?

If you're still having trouble after this, can you let me know some more details about your OS and version your device is running?

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

meles
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your help but still not working. I am using win 10 in asus x556u. When i run it as administrator it show this message "Windows cannot find 'C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

Daphne
Dropboxer

Apologies for the delayed reply here @meles!

Could you try reinstalling the desktop app while having any antivirus or security apps temporarily disabled? One of these apps could have potentially removed the Dropbox .exe. file.

If not, could you let me know if using the offline installer helps at all?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?