cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airplay volume control doesn't adjust when playing a file from Dropbox on my Apple TV

Airplay volume control doesn't adjust when playing a file from Dropbox on my Apple TV

Oligriffiths
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

When playing an audio file from Dropbox on iPhone over airplay on my Apple TV, adjusting the volume on my iPhone does nothing. The volume indicator appears but the volume does not adjust. The file plays at max volume.

This does not happen on Spotify which plays at the correct level.

When not playing on airplay it does adjust the volume correctly.

4 Replies 4

Re: Airplay volume control

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @Oligriffiths, I hope you're well today!

So that I can have a bit of a better idea of your current set up, can you please let me know:

• Are you playing the file directly from the Dropbox app or through the Files app?
  • Which version of the Dropbox app do you have installed? (Settings > General > iPhone storage > Dropbox)
  • Which OS versions are your iPhone and Apple TV running?

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Oligriffiths
Explorer | Level 3
Playing the file directly via the dropbox app version 186.2.

iOS 13.3.1

Thanks

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for checking that @Oligriffiths!

With Spotify it allows you to control your music on one device but play it through another, so you can control the volume with the first device through the Spotify app.

Are you able to use AirPlay to play audio files or videos from other apps or your browser and control the volume then?

From what I could find, the volume can only be controlled by your mobile device if the receiver is supported. You can check out more about this under "Adjust the volume" from here.

Perhaps in this case, you might need to use the Siri Remote to adjust the settings from your mobile device.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Airplay volume control doesn't adjust when playing a file from Dropbox on my Apple TV

kellyken
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Oli, did you solve the volume problem? I have ripped some tracks from  Tidal to MP3 files and I wanna stream them on Apple TV from Dropbox to see how the audio quality would be like. Thanks.:slight_smile:

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kellyken Explorer | Level 3
    Daphne Dropboxer
    Oligriffiths Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?