cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An audio file is turning to pdf

An audio file is turning to pdf

Teenie
Explorer | Level 4

Can anyone advise why an mp3 audio file is turning into pdf when I try to save it? It worked just fine yesterday, today I have 15 audio files to save and they are all turning into pdf.

D20488A8-9A1D-4566-B1CC-176302548096.jpeg,

D9FB48D1-7834-4C14-908A-60E25D922C3A.jpeg

6 Replies 6

Re: An audio file is turning to pdf

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Teenie, thanks for joining the Community!

Are you trying to upload a file that is already on your device, or one that was downloaded directly from a site, or exported from another app?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Teenie
Explorer | Level 4

Hi thanks for getting back to me. It is an audio that was downloaded to my account on te site that I purchased it from. It plays ok but the moment I try to upload it to Dropbox it turns itself to the pdf. I just can’t figure out why this is. 

Teenie
Explorer | Level 4

Also, I need to uploaded it as the audio will be blocked after certain amount of days. The site that I purchased it from recommends Dropbox for uploads. 

Jay
Dropboxer

What is the original file type for the audio?

Have you tried renaming the file to match with the same file type?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Teenie
Explorer | Level 4

I have no means of seeing what the original file type is. As I can play it (within the account of the website) I assume it is mp3. I cannot change or rename the file. As you can see from the previous photos it changes to pdf.

Jay
Dropboxer

When the file is uploaded to the Dropbox site, you should be able to rename it there.

If this doesn't work, then you'll need to contact the site itself to see what the file format is to be able to save it to your account.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Teenie Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?