cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Andorid Dropbox crashes when choosing photos to upload

Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

since a couple of weeks time I noticed Dropbox crashes as soon as I enter the Dropbox file manager to select photos to upload to any existing Dropbox folder.

My phone is a Xiaomi Mi9 running MIUI11. I have already clean the cache, remove the app data, uninstalled and reinstalled the Dropbox App without success.

Everytime I reinstall it, despite I authorize internal memory access to read the concerned files, Dropbox crashes.

Content of the bug report is issued as per the below snapshot.

Any hint to fix that?

Screenshot_2019-12-03-16-33-33-894_com.miui.bugreport.jpg

Thanks in advance

Shock99er

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Andorid Dropbox crashes when choosing photos to upload

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @Shock99er - how are you today?

As you've already performed some troubleshooting on this, would it be OK if I reached out via your Dropbox associated email address to have a further look into this?

Thanks!

PS: I guess you've tried disabling your cellular data and/or wifi and vice-versa when testing things out; right? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi Walter,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I'm always using a wifi connection with this mobile phone and I'm sure it worked previously.
How can share my Dropbox associated email address without writing it here?
Can I ask what would you like to test on my phone?
Thanks
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me with this info @Shock99er!

No worries about your email address; I've just sent you a brief message to the email address that's connected to your Community's profile to investigate together.

When you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

On a side note, can you try doing this on another network other than the initial wifi you used and let me know the results? 

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?