cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Office 365 integration

Highlighted

Android Office 365 integration

Explorer | Level 4

I have a Sony Xperia phone running Android 7.1.1, Dropbox 136.2.2 and Office 365 e.g. Excel 16.0.11425.20132. The integration between Office and Dropbox fails so that I can’t edit documents stored in Dropbox and I can’t add Dropbox as a place in Office. Specifically I get to the screen that says “Microsoft Office Integration would like access to the files and folders in your Dropbox “ But when I click “Allow” the screen closes and I return to the previous screen without actually allowing access. Has anybody seen/solved this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Android Office 365 integration

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for circling back to me here Phil (@PhilG)! I was out of office for two days, so I had to delegate my duties to my co-workers. I was able to check back on the ticket’s progress on my end & I could see that my colleague replied back to you as of earlier today. Have you received this message?

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey Phil (@PhilG), it’s my understanding that you’ve tried to follow the steps outlined here, is that correct? If so, I’m wondering whether you’ve also tried uninstalling our application & the Microsoft application that’s causing you this issue & re-installing anew. I’d appreciate it if you could include a step-by-step description of what led you to this error, as well as a screenshot of the last screen you’re seeing when you’re facing this discrepancy (omitting personal info), so as to better determine what's happening.

Once I have these details, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth. Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting to gather this info for me & I’ll be awaiting your next message on this discussion! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jane,

Yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Here is a step by step:

1. Open Dropbox App
  2. Navigate to folder/file and open to view in Dropbox
  3. Click on edit icon.
  4. Excel launch screen comes up, file starts to open and then Dropbox integration sreen appear.
  5. Clicking on Allow loops back to step 4.
  6. I am now stuck in a loop.

I don't seem to be able to upload the screenshoots I have made for this.

FWIW the same issue now seems to have spread to Adobe Acrobat Reader when I try to open/edit a pdf file.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Jane,

I just worked it out. My screenshots are PNG files which you can select but not upload. Here are JPG conversions of the same.

Thanks.

2019-04-02 12.36.51.jpg

2019-04-02 12.38.08.jpg

2019-04-02 12.47.58.jpg

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I appreciate the time you’ve devoted to gather all this info for me Phil (@PhilG& thanks for pinging me back here. Let me dig a bit deeper & have a closer look on your setup through our Official Support channel. So as to investigate having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email including all the details you’ve sent me here. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Hi Jane. Did you receive my reply to your email? Phil
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for circling back to me here Phil (@PhilG)! I was out of office for two days, so I had to delegate my duties to my co-workers. I was able to check back on the ticket’s progress on my end & I could see that my colleague replied back to you as of earlier today. Have you received this message?

Jane

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
Hi Jane. No I can't see your colleague's reply. Can you post a link? Thanks.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I appreciate your speedy reply Phil (@PhilG); I’d recommend logging in to our support system by visiting dropbox.zendesk.com with the email address you used to log the ticket initially, so as to check the interaction. You‘ll need to create a password there, as it is separate from your Dropbox account. 

If you’re still having an issue locating their message, please let me know here. Thanks again for sticking with me & for your ongoing cooperation! 

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?