cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app upload veryyyyyyy slow

Android app upload veryyyyyyy slow

SiriusNick
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi.

For couple weeks now uploading photos using the android app is terribly slow.
I am uploading photos using the (+) button at the bottom right corner then selecting "Upload photos or video".

It takes hours to upload 30 photos.
And it takes 2 minutes using the google drive app. So it is not an internet speed issue. (400 download, 50 upload mbps)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SiriusNick
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It seems like reinstalling, rebooting my device fixed everything.

Thanks for the support!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @SiriusNick - welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing slow uploads when manually uploading your files within our mobile app using the (+) button. 

As a first step, could you please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account?

1. Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
2. Select "Settings"
3. Select “Clear Cache”

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

In addition, can you try another wifi network or cellular data and let me know if you're still seeing this issue?

As you noticed, you may experience issues if you are trying to upload, download or make a large file available offline in the Dropbox app. Unfortunately, the Dropbox app does not have a feature to pause or resume activity, and as such, actions may not complete if you don’t have a strong network connection.

If you are certain that you have a strong network connection, retry the action but keep the Dropbox app in the foreground (do not minimize the app or switch to another app) until the upload/download is complete.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted on your findings!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

lillyphilly
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello SiriusNick ,
I was having the same issue before when I was trying to upload the files for writing content for my clients website , but when i cleared Cache. My speed issue was resolved. check this article of dropbox help section, it will help you Some common fixes for the Dropbox Android app.

SiriusNick
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

It seems like reinstalling, rebooting my device fixed everything.

Thanks for the support!

lillyphilly
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You are welcome. I am happy that your problem is resolved. Sometimes, rebooting and reinstalling is a good choice.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lillyphilly New member | Level 2
    SiriusNick Helpful | Level 5
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?