cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Android log in issues , enter a valid email

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi All , 

I'm having an issue with Logging into Drop box , i see loads of threads on this but no solutions or fixes work for me 

I can sign in via Windows app /Windows 10  and also via webpage with no issues , 

Dropbox is a pre installed app on my Samsung tablet , Have recently updated the firmware on the tablet to keep current and now i cannot log in , it comes up with error message ( please enter a valid email address ) even though the info is correct ....

when i go to play store and try and update the app it says the app is no longer supported / if i clear the cache it no longer shows in the playstore , If i try and side load the latest version of dropbox it comes back with a parsing error and cannot install , there is no way to update or delete the old preinstalled version of dropbox it seems ... or is there ?

Have tried all other fixes on these forums and last thread on this issue was 2018 i think , any help appreciated 

Cheers in advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Android log in issues , enter a valid email

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @alfee248; welcome to our Community!

As a first step, can you please check if your tablet is meeting our minimum requirement as per the following Help Center article?

Also, if you're on the free, Basic plan, can you see how many devices you've connected to your account (under your account's Security page) as there's a limit to those since last March?

On a side note, if you'd be willing to give it a go, you can try installing the beta version of the mobile app for Android devices to see if it improves matters at all:

In any case, please keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @alfee248; welcome to our Community!

As a first step, can you please check if your tablet is meeting our minimum requirement as per the following Help Center article?

Also, if you're on the free, Basic plan, can you see how many devices you've connected to your account (under your account's Security page) as there's a limit to those since last March?

On a side note, if you'd be willing to give it a go, you can try installing the beta version of the mobile app for Android devices to see if it improves matters at all:

In any case, please keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Good Morning Walter , 

Thanks for getting back ..... i think you have solved it in your first Link , Tablet is Running Lollipop as Operating system so need to flash to Marshmallow  it seems 

I'm not sure when support for Lollipop ended , i'm guessing around 3 months ago as all was fine before 

Thanks for pointing me towards the obvious i was looking way more into it than i should  !

Best regards

Alf

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?