cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have issues where Spotlight on Mojave cannot find files in the dropbox folder?

Anyone else have issues where Spotlight on Mojave cannot find files in the dropbox folder?

Chuck0
New member | Level 2

For quite some time, Spotlight on my Mac (Mojave) cannot find files in Dropbox. I have wiped and resynced Dropbox, as well as wiped and reindexed Spotlight.

Anyone have a clue what the issue might be?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anyone else have issues where Spotlight on Mojave cannot find files in the dropbox folder?

Chuck0
New member | Level 2

I have been travelling, but when I returned it was working. I noticed that the software updated itself while I was away. Guessing that took care of it.

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Re: Anyone else have issues where Spotlight on Mojave cannot find files in the dropbox folder?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @Chuck0

As a first step, could you please ensure that the desktop app is up to date by clicking on the Dropbox icon? Have you rebooted your computer and refreshed your Finder?

Spoiler
You can do this by following the steps below:
  • Click on the Dropbox icon from your Desktop and quit the app.
  • Open your Activity Monitor from your Mac Utilities folder.
  • Force quit out of the instances of the desktop app that are running by searching for "Dropbox" in the search bar, then clicking on the "x" force quit icon on the top left.
  • Re-start Dropbox from the applications folder by double clicking on the Dropbox app.
  • Click on the Apple icon in the top left of your screen
  • Select "force quit".
  • Relaunch the finder.
Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Chuck0
New member | Level 2

Thanks for feedback, but:

Updated app: Yes

Rebooted and refreshed Finder: Yes and yes

Relaunched Finder: Yes

I probably should have mentioned that in my post.

Lusil
Dropboxer
No worries @Chuck0, thanks for confirming that for me. 

I’ve sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so as to further investigate this. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @Chuck0 - how are you today?

I was just wondering, were you able to resolve your concern in the end and if so, how?

Thanks for any update!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Chuck0
New member | Level 2

I have been travelling, but when I returned it was working. I noticed that the software updated itself while I was away. Guessing that took care of it.

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for letting us know Chuck - most appreciated!

Should you ever come up with a Dropbox question or any hiccup like this arises, feel free to let us know here; we're always a post away :wink:

Thanks for using Dropbox and have a wonderful week ahead! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?