cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Folder Trouble

App Folder Trouble

amcfar
Explorer | Level 3

I have a program that requires that its date file be placed in the Apps folder in dropbox. I have a free account with dropbox and can't find my Apps folder. Is this something that only comes with a paid account?

3 Replies 3

Re: App Folder Trouble

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @amcfar, thanks for posting today!

Are you creating your own app with the Dropbox API, or is this an app from a different developer?

Are you able to see the App folder when you login to the Dropbox site?

This will help me assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

amcfar
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you so much for your response. Here are the answers to your questions. I am working with a 3rd party app (Gradekeeper) that stores the data file in dropbox so it can be accessed by computer, ipad, iPhone, etc. And when I went to the dropbox site I did not see the App folder. Thank you so much for your help!

Jay
Dropboxer

Generally, third party apps would create the App folder themselves.

To do so, you'd need to sign into the Dropbox app via the Gradekeeper app or service itself, usually on the mobile version of their app. Once it's set up, then the folder would be there to sync the data file.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?