cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

App Installation interrupted and lost files

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Ok, so I made lots of mistakes and now I lost part of my files. 

I decided to install the app in the computer and accepted to make the backup of 'documents, desktop and downloads', but I had no storage enough so I guess it didn't transfer everything to DB. In the middle of the process, I regret so I unistalled the app but now, 'documents, desktop and downloads' were gone on the computer.  I was able to download from Dropbox and recovered part of the stuff but it's missing lots of files. Is there a way to go back to the initial state?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: App Installation interrupted and lost files

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi! Thank you for your help. 

I tried to find in Events and Deleted files as you recommended and could not find. I was actually typing here what was the situation... But then I checked the recycle bin in the computer and there was a "Dropbox zip file" in there. When I restored, it all came back!!! Omg! I'm so relieved!! It all worked out! Thank you very much. I really appreciate it! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Erikasatie21, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Do you see the files you're looking for in your events page or deleted files tab? What about your Trash/Recycling Bin, or the location where they were initially saved in? 

Let me know what you find, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi! Thank you for your help. 

I tried to find in Events and Deleted files as you recommended and could not find. I was actually typing here what was the situation... But then I checked the recycle bin in the computer and there was a "Dropbox zip file" in there. When I restored, it all came back!!! Omg! I'm so relieved!! It all worked out! Thank you very much. I really appreciate it! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get to the bottom of this, @Erikasatie21! Thanks for keeping me in the loop. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to give us another nudge. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful day ahead! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?