cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Passcode for Windows S Mode

App Passcode for Windows S Mode

knowofit
Explorer | Level 3

I am unable to reset my dropbox smode app passcode, as well as unable to uninstall the application itself from windows 10. Please suggest what can be done in order to fix the issue.  The reset passcode link under security on the dropbox website has been hacked or removed.  Unable to install the app from my laptop as well. Yes I did reset the password to the account.  Write back at your earliest convience.  Thanks. 

4 Replies 4

Re: app passcode for windows

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @knowofit, I hope you're having a great Monday so far. 

Do you get an error when trying to uninstall the app?

Keep in mind, you'd need to follow Microsoft's steps in order to get out of the S Mode. 

In regards to the passcode, can you clarify if you've followed the steps shown here

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

knowofit
Explorer | Level 3

No I am not able to unistall the app. Its not in add or remove programs in windows option.  I do not see it listed there.  There used to be an option where I was able to reset the app passcode, but its not there under the security tab on your website.  I had down loaded the application on Feb 6th of 2020.  Not sure as to where to uninstall it. 

Rich
Super User II

@knowofit wrote:

No I am not able to unistall the app. Its not in add or remove programs in windows option.

S Mode applications do not appear there. Just find the application in your Start Menu, right-click on it and select Uninstall.

There used to be an option where I was able to reset the app passcode, but its not there under the security tab on your website.

I've never known the website to have an option to reset the passcode for one of the apps. It's always been done by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

knowofit
Explorer | Level 3

Uninstalling and installing did not really work correctly.  The reset of the app was suggested on the website of dropbox. Thanks for the suggestions. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

knowofit Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?