cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App linked devices number is incorrect

App linked devices number is incorrect

AndyHanna
New member | Level 2

06-May-2020

Hi
I have Dropbox Basic. The App shows only 2 linked devices in the link and App now pushes me sign up to Plus at a cost of £9.99 per month which I do not want to sign up to.

The App does not allow me to unlink anymore than the two devices I see on the list.

I have two accounts and it’s the older account, which I’ve had since 2016 is the account that has difficulty. The newer account I created this year has no issues and opens to Dropbox no problem.

From reading previous post regarding Pre 2019 linked devices, looks like Dropbox is seeing previous linked devices or same device which has been relinked. Dropbox now thinks it’s linked to more than 3 device when in fact I only have 2 current devices that are linked to Dropbox. I’ve tried to delete and reinstall the App but with no success.

Can anyone resolve on how to Reset the linked device count so that all previous linked devices are cleared from the list and the relink the devices again after the link count has been reset?

Would it be possible to remove old linked or pre-2019 linked devices using the online login rather than unlinking devices from the App?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: App linked devices number is incorrect

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @AndyHanna; welcome to our Community!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, can you take a look at your account's Security page and let me know how many devices are connected to your account? Can you try unlinking the odd ones from there? 

Let me know what you find Andy! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @AndyHanna; welcome to our Community!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, can you take a look at your account's Security page and let me know how many devices are connected to your account? Can you try unlinking the odd ones from there? 

Let me know what you find Andy! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

AndyHanna
New member | Level 2

That cool.  Thanks Walter.  I had a lot of old devices listed in the Account.  I now only have 3 listed.  I forgot I sometime login with my laptop at home, so now have ipad ipod (when the install is finished) the laptop.   

Really appreciate your help and never knew about the security settings.

Hope this forum will help some other user who is faced with the same issue.

I really like dropbox and the flexibilty it give to send files and attachement from email - and the sharing function for large files.

Again thankyou.   i'll try my ipod again at the end of my shift

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?