cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

kevincjz
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Following this and as a paying consumer am very disappointed by lack of initiative to support M1 and Apple Silicon.

JasonInRVA
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I can only assume the person who typed "This idea is going to need a bit more support before we share your suggestion with our team." has no idea what these words mean: architecture, ARM, M1, Intel, microprocessor, compile, Rosetta.

This inexcusable. If you don't actually understand a request, don't reply. Ask for help with someone more knowledgable than you.

SpaceMan2001
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Seriously? Needs more votes to have the desktop app be natively compatible with MacOS, which represents > 10% of all desktop OS? Come on Dropbox, don't force us to migrate to Google Drive, which already IS compatible with the M1 architecture. Please address this!

theiguana
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Signed up specifically to vote for this. Native support for Apple Silicon needs to happen and should not be predicated on enough users having to complain via a "share idea" system. Dropbox, you are letting down your paid customers by taking the stance you have. Do better!

Rodrigo G.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It's ilogical, incomprehensible and, honestly, dumb, that Dropbox doesn't do that without needing us, the users, to vote for this.

Unless they do that in the next few months (or whatever it's left of my current subscription plan) I will be moving to Google Drive. And I URGE everybody to do the same.

200Megaton
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Does any of this remind you of that old-timey page layout program Quarkxpress? Once dominating the market and now a niche player? Have fun with ignoring our community Dropbox…

ebenbolter
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is crazy. By not supporting M1 they're essentially not supporting Mac anymore in a usable way. I'd never thought about not renewing my membership before, but typing this on a brand new M1 Max 16 inch, and copying all my files across to iCloud Drive. 

Dan B.51
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I remember back when this thread only had 9 pages. I feel so old.

Lumible
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Current version absolutely destroys my battery

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

And there it is,

Top voted idea of all time

Need more support?