cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

joelhousman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That you're forcing us to come here and vote on a feature that you should be EAGER to do is a joke. This company is a joke. You're a feature, not a product. Start acting more like the feature you are, please, and support basic functionality that we shouldn't have to beg you to support.

paulypants
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 10.52.45 AM.png

stevesko
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's ridiculous that this isn't just an internal priority.  I have been a long time Dropbox customer (since almost the start of the app) and WILL SWITCH if they don't support it by the time the 30" IMAC delivers. 

brandoncc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I guess I'll start migrating my stuff so that I never have to install Dropbox when I get my new MacBook next month. Thanks for the clarity on where the company is on this change!

mrothman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It better support apple natively or I am gone as well.

chetman
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I've been a paying Dropbox user for over a decade, and have really evangelized the product -- including getting my company to pay for a corporate account. 

I'll absolutely be bailing from both if this isn't resolved quickly. I just ordered by first M1 Mac and I'm just STAGGERED at the attitude being shown here by Dropbox. You made your product by being seamlessly cross-platform, and now you're shunning the Mac when you've had a YEAR to get to an M1-native build. This is immensely disappointing, but the good news is that there are other options with native M1 builds -- in fact, near as I can tell, Dropbox is the only holdout of the major sync platforms. 

Time was, Dropbox was alone in this space, but even OneDrive works well on Macs and iOS now. 

Phatty
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I will remember the time I read the article that took me to this form thread. Currently have one Intel and two arm-based Mac;  When a sub request comes in this will definitely affect my decision moving forward with dropbox service.   I’ll have to monitor the battery usage of the Dropbox app

segeholm
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Been a dropbox user for over 10 years, and I find it very disturbing that there even has to be a poll for this. Why would I support you with my business if you don’t support your core users? 

You better put a good PR person and some programmers on this and turn it right before it’s to late. 

hkarlsen
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This needs to happen asap. We are basing our backup routine on Dropbox, currently 145tb of data in the cloud. Native M1 is a must have for the future, as we are now investing in new macs

benjymessner
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

its fun to refresh the page every ~15 seconds and notice another ~15 votes added

Need more support?