cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

steeb22
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is really unbelievable.  It doesn't even directly affect me yet but I know it will in the future when I upgrade my current laptop.

I've been considering alternatives to Dropbox for a while (fee was increased when I "got upgraded") but this is going to push me over the edge.

AddAppleSiliconSupport
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It’s embarrassing that they haven’t added it yet or at the very least outlined a roadmap. 

harmanhoetink
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dropbox, oh my darlings at Dropbox. How is this a question? Let me rephrase that: this is not a question! You are the leading provider of pro + consumer cloud-computing storage services – *of course* you have to support the latest hardware from Apple – and every other major computer manufacturer. If you don't, I'll have to reconsider my choice to (for now) not switch to iCloud Drive. (That's too many negatives in one sentence, but you know what I mean.)

jeroenjacobs79
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm a business customer (Teams plan), and I will cancel my subscription if there is no native M1 client when I buy my next macbook early next year.

xmetal
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

To all the newbs to the thread, this topic has been a point of contention for a long time so put your money where your mouth is. Yes, it's a pain, but I cancelled my decade-long account last week, moved all my files to iCloud and will not be renewing even if they come through with M1 compatible versions. 

While it's great that they are getting a lot of traffic on this today and maybe will pay a little attention, it doesn't change the overall corporate attitude that has been embarrassing for a year+

DolphinPhuket
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dropbox folks - this is not a feature request this is making sure Dropbox works properly and most efficiently with Apples new line of  laptops. 
how could  this not be a priority for you. 
please respond. 
thanks 

encyphor
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've been a customer for over 13 years, I've patiently waited for native M1 with more appropriate battery and memory utilization for a background application... that patience is running out. At this point I'm moving to sync or onedrive as both have native M1 support.

No_M1_no_more_money_4_dragon
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

User since 2009.

Thanks for finally giving me the last push to "drop" Dropbox after all these years. Sayonara!

Christopher D.10
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I just got notified that Dropbox (via @Emma ) has changed the status to of this request to "In Review".

So after more than a year, all it took was a ton of up votes in a 24 hour period to get them to notice this...or their PR team saw the web posting on this and is forcing the sleeping community management and development teams to take notice.  SMH.

sergd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As a 10-year Dropbox subscriber, I support this request. Bring Dropbox to M1 Macs natively, please.

Need more support?