cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Michael Bissig
New member | Level 2

Please! Most Software is M1 by now. Can you please hurry up, otherwise we'll have to move. There are other options. Can't be that hard 😉

schwabenjaeger
Explorer | Level 4

There is no question that Dropbox needs to support MacOS on M1. As developer I cannot understand how they missed this.

Xprt
New member | Level 2

Happy to hear you’re working hard on a Native M1 version of Dropbox. This is a dealbreaker for us. 

chetman
Helpful | Level 6

@Xprt , if they were indeed "working hard" on it, it'd already be done -- in my whole toolchain, they're the ONLY holdout. M1 dev kits have been available for over a year. 

Dropbox was too busy fattening the service up with collaboration features nobody asked for and ignored bringing CORE SERVICE FUNCTIONALITY up to date. 

snmorbe
Collaborator | Level 8

My business is waiting for this feature. Please make this internal build for native Apple M1 support soon, because otherwise we will leave Dropbox. It is to long waiting.

snoggle
Helpful | Level 6

First half of 2022? You'd think they'd throw more resources at this now that it's received so much attention.

Eichinger
Explorer | Level 4

I've been following this for a while now and just now I read they start working on it.

I've been using dropbox only in my webbrowser ever since on my M1 Air and it's a pain.

I thought this was a no brainer for a caliber like dropbox to support M1s as fast as possible. It's embarrassing. 

And even when it's done. I think I am not so sure anymore If I want a sharing system like this running on my Laptop unless it's really well coded and lightweight.

The things I read about performance under Rosetta 2 - and the things I see on my Intel Desktop Mac in the Activity Monitor make me think otherwise.

It's a pity ... 

TaylorDW
Explorer | Level 4

Please release the internal build and let us test it, too.

As a paying customer, we should not have to wait this long for support the latest cutting edge processor from a company that charges the prices you do for this service.

I am not complaining about paying ... I am not pleased with this purposeful lack of attention to technical detail and support for paying customers.

David Taylor

TaylorDW@me.com

TaylorDW
Explorer | Level 4
Please release the internal build and let us test it, too.

As a paying customer, we should not have to wait this long for support the latest cutting edge processor from a company that charges the prices you do for this service.
I am not complaining about paying ... I am not pleased with this purposeful lack of attention to technical detail and support for paying customers.
David Taylor
[email address removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines]

dgeens
New member | Level 2

Indeed; Dropbox is my entire life, but professionally and private and it is hard to believe that as one of the best business programs, they don't have native M1 support yet.

Dropbox, you need to step up.

Need more support?