cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

mjclemente
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been a paid subscriber since 2014. This is a necessary feature. If Dropbox fails to natively support Apple Silicon chips, I'll begin looking for replacements. Sorry.

Craig S.14
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's a failure that it's not been natively supported after a year. And a second failure to not recognize it as ongoing platform support vs customer feature request. Get it together, Dropbox.

PetrolFuel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This has to become native.

mmbarnes9
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's ridiculous that we'd even have to ask for this let alone "convince" Dropbox that it's a worthwhile/important update. (Especially because, as we've seen from many other developers, it's not even that hard to do.)

If it's not done soon, our entire company will be switching to another platform. 

JBWEST
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox should be ashamed of themselves.

plf6
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The official Dropbox staff replies to this thread are absolutely ridiculous.

One of the world's largest computer manufacturers changes their entire line-up to ARM and you are asking for more forum votes to decide whether it makes sense for you to support it?

You lost me as a customer for this alone, thank god it's easy to switch to a better cloud storage provider.

Simon Tarr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I wouldn't have thought that a single feature would be reason enough to quit a longstanding service, but a passive-aggressive "needs more votes" response to a request to natively support my fundamental platform certainly would be one.

PetrolFuel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's weird that we even have to vote to get native-support. This has to be done.

emceesq
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As an MIT alum I have a soft spot for Dropbox, and love its Finder integration and Smart Sync features. But it's embarrassing to not have Apple Silicon native support. Please make it a priority - M1 is the future and every other cloud service is embracing it.

MichaelAC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dropbox NEEDS to run on Apple silicon.

I simply do NOT understand, why this is not done yet.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that there is lack of "supporters" - I believe that Dropbox' claim "not enough supporters" is plain wrong.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard115 New member | Level 2
    jekratz Collaborator | Level 9
    jlaguna Experienced | Level 12
    Michael C.143 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?