cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Re: Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

LaurieC
Helpful | Level 6

Ignore the tweet, keep upvoting and commenting - the Tweet says H1 2022, if they stick enough product teams on it they should deliver it a lot quicker than that.  They're so far behind the curve and forgetting the customers in their product roadmaps and delivery teams it's stupid.

H1 2022 is a 6 month period - 12-18 months after Apple announced the M1, they need to be a lot more specific in their roadmap and timing to keep customers (including me).

segeholm
New member | Level 2

@chetman, I was afraid it meant ”first half of 2022”, but I found it hard to believe it would take them so long. 

I think Dropbox have to get their game together, but I am going to stick with their services nevertheless. It’s still at great service, and I use the ”request a file” feature a whole lot. 

But it’s so tone-deaf, almost arrogant, of their CEO to tweet that they ”of course” will support the M1 — when not even his own people take it for granted. 

Justin F.4
Helpful | Level 5

So what, companies that make virtual machines are unhindered by "lots of technical changes in the OS", but a file-syncing app will take another 8 months? Cool.

ptn
New member | Level 2

It's appalling that making Dropbox AS native 1) had to be proposed by the users, and 2) had to gather enough votes to even be *considered* for implementation. As a paid customer, I'd go as far as to say it's outright insulting. Is that how little they value the performance / efficiency of DB? Is Rosetta emulation good enough for them? Is that how little they value my (limited) resources?

Time to look into alternatives.

chetman
Helpful | Level 6

@segeholm If you won't leave over it, then they have no reason to care what you think. 

I'm actively looking for alternatives now. I haven't loved the bloat and unwelcome new "features," but it wasn't annoying enough to really think about changing. This kind of software malpractice, though, is enraging. 

cp10
New member | Level 2

> This idea is going to need a bit more support before we share your suggestion with our team.

What share of paying registered Dropbox customers are mac users? Is that share growing or shrinking?

Leehow
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox - please update or risk loosing my subscription to your service I’ve got a business account and im quite prepare to move it to one drive or similar 

ChrisSL
New member | Level 2

Def support native support for Drop on Apple silicone.

Currently also use MS OneDrive and I would have to drop Dropbox if MS supports but DB does not.

Thanks

-ChrisSL

Justin F.4
Helpful | Level 5

Yeah, I'm a graduate student. Neither my time nor my budget allow for this level of gross incompetence in a product on which I rely to manage my digital life. These comments about iCloud, OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, etc. make them sound like appealing, competent alternatives.

digitaldownfall
Explorer | Level 4

Support for a major platform? Maybe in H1 FY22...

Support for a freaking VR Headset? Apparently any day now? Priorities?!

"Slack and Dropbox are coming to Oculus Quest"

https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/28/22748969/facebook-oculus-quest-vr-progressive-web-apps-slack-dro...

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jlaguna Experienced Collaborator | Level 12
    snmorbe Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?