cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

Apple Silicon (M1) Desktop Sync Compatibility

_robin_
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Please can you upgrade the Dropbox app so that it works natively on Apple Silicon Macs (M1) without Rosetta.

Rosetta is not an option as it annihilates the battery.

This may be a duplicate of the below idea however that started for ARM processors in general and you haven't looked at it in 6 years so starting an Apple specific idea in the hope you see it.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Desktop-app-with-syncing-for-devices-with-ARM-processo...

There are also lots of comments on this thread to help support the case for demand: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Dropbox-Apple-Silicon-M1-install/td-p/... 

496 Replies 496

TaylorDW
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

themaybeblock
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I hope you have corrected dear Megan with her horrible, tone-deaf response to this critical issue. Imagine the number of users you have lost because of your hubris and laziness in addressing this: 

This idea is going to need a bit more support before we share your suggestion with our team. We’ve updated the status to encourage more users to back you up! 

TaylorDW
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

#DropDropbox

ssulistyo
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

In the meantime, just use https://maestral.app/

Travismurdock
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I’d appreciate this feature. Hard to keep using Dropbox without this support. I’d like to avoid moving to iCloud. 

TaylorDW
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It's a shame, but I'm moving to Sync and iCloud. I'm done. These companies make money off of us and then don't support us. It's not OK. #DropDropbox 

Patrick C.27
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I purchased a new MacBook Pro and suddenly realised that Dropbox is draining my battery because it hasn't been updated for M1 yet. Very disappointing. I've been a professional dropbox user for many years now. This is the first time I'm considering moving to another cloud solution. I don't want to, but this is unacceptable. It's been a year since M1 has been out. Please fix this asap.

MrKooks
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

First half of next year? are you serious????? M1 chips has been for almost a year and you guys want us to keep waiting until next year? COME ON!!   get your butts to work and fix this ISSUE with the app  ASAP.. people is paying here and seems like you are not taking this as a serious problem..  guess what??  IT IS!!

Mannaffolki
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I’m not paying any longer. Just cancelled my dropbox subscription and will never look back. Good riddance I say.

Edispg
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My new M1 arrived yesterday. I will wait to see if there will be M1 support this month, if not, I am canceling my account.

It is ridiculous that Dropbox is not supporting M1.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard115 New member | Level 2
    jekratz Collaborator | Level 9
    jlaguna Experienced | Level 12
    Michael C.143 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?