cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Apple Silicon Macs

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 10

Apple will sell the coming years tens of Millions of ARM Apple Silicon Macs ... it seems Dropbox is not much interested in this market ?

When there is not a planned release sheduled soon, I only can cancel my subscription and move to another Cloud solution ...

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @dolfke, generally, we're always trying to make sure that our apps continue to be compatible with all supported versions of macOS. 

However, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this with us. 

If you have any other ideas or features you'd like to see being implemented in the future, don't hesitate to give us another nudge. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 10

Any idea when Dropbox will finally work on an apple silicon Mac ?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Although there isn't a specific timeline we can share, the team is always looking for ways to improve even more. 

I hope this helps to some extent. If you have any other questions in the future, don't hesitate to get back to us. 

Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
March 6, 2021. That's when I either renew or cancel my Dropbox subscription because ARM Macs are not supported.

Edit: Or sooner, if Dropbox is the one thing holding me back from buying a shiny new machine.
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I assume that Dropbox representatives can't issue a real reply to this until Thursday due to NDAs. I also assume that since all of Apple's primary devices starting today run on Apple Silicon, that Dropbox will support Apple Silicon as of Thursday (the just-announced release date of macOS 11 Big Sur). As a Dropbox Professional subscriber, I'll be ordering my new (Apple Silicon-based) Mac today, and updating my Dropbox Professional subscription next week based on whether it works on my new computer or not. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
I can’t imagine what kind of NDA would prohibit Dropbox from saying “we are working on it and it’ll be out on Thursday” or “screw you, we’re never gonna do it”.

Assuming the NDA is with Apple, why would Apple want to prevent Dropbox from saying how well ARM Macs are being supported?
Highlighted

Dropbox on Apple Silicon

Helpful | Level 6

Dear Dropbox,

1000s of us have Apple Silicon Macs arriving in the next few days.

Please don't make us give up on you and switch to iCloud or Google Drive.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
So basically Dropbox does not work on all new macs? Is that my understanding? I want to buy a new M1 MacBook for work and all my work is on Dropbox and you’re telling me Dropbox won’t work at all on it? This could be the end of my Dropbox subscription for my entire company. I will need another solution. Ridiculous Dropbox aren’t here at launch day of M1 Macs
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Maybe it’ll work on Rosetta 2?

I am worried because Dropbox’s support on alternative operating systems and alternative file systems has been spotty.

Edit: Also, the generic platitudes that made up Dropbox's responses in this thread make me worry more, not less.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?