cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon Macs

Highlighted

Apple Silicon Macs

Helpful | Level 6

Hello,

Any Idea when Dropbox will support Apple Silicon Macs with Big Sur ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Apple Silicon Macs

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @dolfke,

Upvote my idea about such architectures support. Let's hope more votes for such move will "squeeze" some more drops in favor of such support. 😉

That's long time discussion for support, which Dropbox refuses yet.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @dolfke, thanks for posting today!

Currently we don't have any update on when the Dropbox desktop application would be supported on Big Sur.

I'd recommend keeping an eye out on this article for any changes to the requirements needed for the app to be installed.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

The Question was NOT Dropbox works on an Intel Big Sur Beta 7, it does works perfectly there, BUT on an Apple Silicon A12 Mac running Big Sur Universal Beta 7 ...

Unfortunately, Dropbox fails there to initiate nor reinstalling ... I hope for a quick fix as Dropbox is kind of essential for me, and I would not like to have to make a switch to iCloud ...

Highlighted

Hi @dolfke,

Upvote my idea about such architectures support. Let's hope more votes for such move will "squeeze" some more drops in favor of such support. 😉

That's long time discussion for support, which Dropbox refuses yet.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Silicon Macs are in the wild for about 4 months now, enough for Dropbox to consider them worthy of an upgrade ?

Or does Dropbox wants Apple Users to move to iCloud ?

I'm starting to believe so ... since iCloud is offering file sharing now too.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

A month has passed and still no sign from Dropbox management when they will address this finally ...

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey again @dolfke!

While I don't have any further info to share on this, I can suggest checking out this post here in our "Share an idea" section.

You can show your support for this by adding your vote to the OP.

Sorry that I can't be of much more help with this, but please let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Hi @Daphne,

You can shed some more light what is going on actually, at least. What is the meaning of status on post here: "Not for right now"? Is this a polite way to be said something like "We aren't interested. Get away!"? Just be more direct. Most people here will not be offended, I believe. If you are hiding the truth, which will come up at some moment definitely, offending is much bigger!

When I posted my "idea" (referred in my previous post on this thread) I have already seen the thread you are referring to, but this thread stands for many years and at the start all conditions were very different. At that time ( year 2015 ) only Linux had ARM support. At present all supported system have (or are in active development and have released betas of) ARM support (only Apple is on beta stage still  in fact), which mean different context! I have mentioned this explicitly! Is the person who have merged the treads wanting to tell me (and not only) something like "Shut up!"? 🤔 What you think? Just to be more explicitly clear.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Emma has outlined the status meanings in a bit more detail here, for some more context on this @Здравко.

Since the posted ideas are reviewed regularly, it helps our team to track the feedback when all the info is in the same place.

This is why your separate post for this request was moved there, as it proposes the same request.

Hope that sheds some light on the situation!

Daphne

Highlighted

@Daphne wrote:

This is why your separate post for this request was moved there, as it proposes the same request.

"same request"???! Just a recall - the thread you are referring to is limited to request for support of "Raspberry Pi" only, fromerly! Everything else is result of multiple merges, including more generally for Linux, next for Windows (when Microsoft released ARM Windows), and finally for Mac Big Sur! Just a recall. Is it still the same request?

Another recall: Your colleagues advertise introduction of "crosscompilation" for Linux 32 bit distribution as something new! Just another recall. On this background: Is it still the same request according to what Emma has outlined? 🤔 Anyway... rhetorical question...

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?