cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Silicon - Massive Battery Drain

Apple Silicon - Massive Battery Drain

ackchris
Explorer | Level 3

Hello everyone,

I purchased an Apple M1 MBP 13" in the last month or so. Given I am still working from home and am plugged in for a majority of the day I have not noticed/cared that Dropbox is translating through Rosetta 2.

However, I went mobile and Dropbox began syncing a new folder my team added and I noticed in the Activity Monitor: my Dropbox App's CPU usage somehow spiked to 200%+ and immediately reduced my estimated remaining battery life by *hours*.

Running build v117.3.356 - is there a better or beta version I could use to avoid this?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Reply 1

Re: Apple Silicon - Massive Battery Drain

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @ackchris, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

You're currently running the beta version of the app, denoted xx.3xxx, so I'd suggest downgrading to the latest stable version to see if that helps.

To do this, please visit your account settings page here, and toggle off the "early releases" option towards the bottom of the page. Then, you can install the latest stable version of the app from here.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?