Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Arch can't load dropbox

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My system detail:

4.9.72-1-MANJARO  x86_64 GNU/Linux

I just install it and I ran into this issue everytime I ran it.

Screenshot from 2017-12-31 11-08-02.png

It stuck here. I don't know why...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Arch can't load dropbox

Super User
Super User

@hiro__ wrote:

My system detail:

Hello, @hiro__...

It's possible that you cannot get Dropbox to load on Manjaro because it's not officially supported (read this Help Center article).  However, that doesn't mean it won't necessarily work with it but if it doesn't... more than likely that's the reason.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS on two different computers and I'm not experiencing any problems with either of them using the Dropbox Desktop Client (both 32 bit).  In addition, I have the stable build of the Desktop Client working on a Linux Zorin OS so it can work with other Linux versions.

If you didn't try this already, I recommend that you try the newest stable build (offline installer) vs any beta version that you may be using (v41.3.77).  After installing it, please restart your computer.

If the stable build doesn't solve your particular issue then you may have to consider using a supported linux operating system (eg: Ubuntu & Fedora).

In addition, I listed a few related Help Center articles below for your convenience to read at your leisure.

HELP CENTER ARTICLES

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User
Super User

@hiro__ wrote:

My system detail:

Hello, @hiro__...

It's possible that you cannot get Dropbox to load on Manjaro because it's not officially supported (read this Help Center article).  However, that doesn't mean it won't necessarily work with it but if it doesn't... more than likely that's the reason.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS on two different computers and I'm not experiencing any problems with either of them using the Dropbox Desktop Client (both 32 bit).  In addition, I have the stable build of the Desktop Client working on a Linux Zorin OS so it can work with other Linux versions.

If you didn't try this already, I recommend that you try the newest stable build (offline installer) vs any beta version that you may be using (v41.3.77).  After installing it, please restart your computer.

If the stable build doesn't solve your particular issue then you may have to consider using a supported linux operating system (eg: Ubuntu & Fedora).

In addition, I listed a few related Help Center articles below for your convenience to read at your leisure.

HELP CENTER ARTICLES

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Still the same issue here. But thank you a lot for answering my question.
Highlighted

Super User
Super User

@hiro__ wrote:
Still the same issue here. But thank you a lot for answering my question.

Hello, @hiro__...

You're quite welcome.

I suggest that you search within Manjaro's Forum to see if anyone who uses it has been able to get Dropbox's Desktop Client to work.  Someone more familiar with Manjaro might be able to determine the cause of the screenshot you posted above other than incompatibility.

No guarantees but you could ask someone in their forum if you haven't done so already.

Please let us know if you find out anything to get it to work... good luck.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?