cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Third-Party integrations for Adobe Creative Cloud safe to use?

Are Third-Party integrations for Adobe Creative Cloud safe to use?

NathanL
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Being in a UI/UX startup, we work with Adobe products such as Premiere Pro , Photoshop, InDesign etc. We have most of our assets in Dropbox. To improve the workflow, we need to find a solution to reduce switch in and out between programs and the browser/tabs for accessing assets. 

We did a search on Adobe Creative Cloud marketplace using keyword "dropbox" , found several extensions. But the extensions meet our requirement are not officially provided by Dropbox. Before trying it, we would like to know if those 3rd party integrations are safe to use, as we want to keep our Dropbox accounts and assets  secure. Btw, all these extensions use OAuth authentication workflow.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We do appreciate the feedback on how to improve the Dropbox service.

While I can't comment about the security implications of third party applications that connect to Dropbox, you could try contacting the developer of those apps regarding the analytics and if they could be disabled somehow. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @NathanL, thanks for messaging today.

Currently, the official integration for Adobe is primarily for PDF files, which can be found here.

At the bottom of that article, it does mention that certain Adobe formats stored in Dropbox can be previewed on the site and apps. 

What kind of extension or implementation are you looking for aside from syncing files? This will help me to assist further!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

NathanL
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jay,  thanks for quick response,

Aside from syncing files, we want to navigate assets quickly inside of Adobe applications and place or upload assets easily within the application.  If possible , keep the linking and version information inside of project file.

There are two 3rd party integrations on Adobe Creative Cloud marketplace have those features, CI Hub and Content Cloud Plugin  Both looks very easy to use from the intro videos. Base on our IT team's investigation, CI Hub has Google analytics code and  intercept each request when navigating . In the other hand, Content Cloud Plugin doesn't seem have this issue, and it has video preview which will be very useful for our video editing projects. But it has less reviews and not listed in Dropbox App Center.

As both of integration use OAuth authentication, does that mean our accounts will be secure ,even it has analytics code or not listed in app center? 

Hopefully ,  Dropbox can provide similar Adobe CC integration soon, as more and more designers store their assets in the cloud.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We do appreciate the feedback on how to improve the Dropbox service.

While I can't comment about the security implications of third party applications that connect to Dropbox, you could try contacting the developer of those apps regarding the analytics and if they could be disabled somehow. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

NathanL
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks, I will contact those developers directly. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

NathanL Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?