cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Audio Player Repeat Option

Audio Player Repeat Option

SemantixSound
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

As a film and TV composer, are use dropbox exclusively for sharing and listening to files. It would be super amazingly handy if the player had a repeat button. Often times I want to listen to a certain cue over and over and this would make it extremely handy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @SemantixSound, thanks for reaching out to us. 

We do have this thread, where other users have expressed an interest in having a repeat button in the mobile app. 

Would that be something that interests you, or are you referring to the website? 

Let us know and we'll take it from there, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @SemantixSound, thanks for reaching out to us. 

We do have this thread, where other users have expressed an interest in having a repeat button in the mobile app. 

Would that be something that interests you, or are you referring to the website? 

Let us know and we'll take it from there, cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SemantixSound
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Found the thread.   Thank you.   I appreciate the help.   

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Happy to help, @SemantixSound!

If anything else comes up in the future, you know where to find us. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Carolivessinging
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I use Dropbox to learn Choir songs so bead to repeat on a loop. Could this button be added?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Carolivessinging, thanks for joining us here!

Although we don't have such an option right now, you can have a look at the thread I mention in my first post in case that echoes your request. 

Check it out, and let me know if it helps. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

biggiantcircles
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi, I'd like to throw this suggestion a +1.  I mentioned it directly to support about a year ago, I was unaware of the message board here.

To clarify, while I'm all for a looping feature in the mobile version also, I'm mostly concerned with the desktop web browser for now.  Like the OP, I too am a (video game) composer and have been a dropbox customer for over a decade, and such a feature would greatly help me.  I share my tracks with my team via dropbox almost daily and because they are meant to be looped, the lack of a fundamental "loop audio" button makes dropbox a less-than-ideal method of sharing the audio.  

Knowing the little about programming and web design I do, this should be an extremely easy fix.  If dropbox has a built-in share feature so that the tracks can be streamed with the visual waveform on the website, I hope you can see the benefit in having the dev team whip up a "loop audio" feature.  It's a very simple request and it would absolutely push the file-sharing experience over the top for us audio folks.

Thanks for the consideration, cheers.

biggiantcircles
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Honestly I'm just embarrassed for the Dropbox dev team at this point.  

It's 2021, and you still have yet to add a Repeat button to the desktop browser audio player.

I've been paying for dropbox for years now and I'm ready to leave over this continuously ignored request.  This is not a complicated feature, and after several support email suggestions over the years and seeing this post ignored here on the forums, I'm ready to switch to another service that isn't going to just blow off the request indefinitely.

/rant

SemantixSound
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I believe it would be amazing handy in the app. Sometimes while I’m driving in the car, I just want to listen to one song over and over again even just to learn it on the way to her gig. Even though it is off-line and download it to my phone, I still have to continue to press play or ask Siri to play it again. A repeat function would be super crazy helpful.

biggiantcircles
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@SemantixSound  For sure. But especially considering Dropbox is a filesharing service specifically oriented towards team sharing, complete with an option for leaving feedback, since people like you and I are specifically delivering audio to a team/client, and in my case as a (primarily) video game composer, I'm more often than not writing audio that is meant to be looped seamlessly.

Here's an example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/22luvtilnp02zg8/BB_Conversation_Foreboding_44_105bpm.wav?dl=0

Without a repeat button, the loop is abrupt and jarring.  I've written literally hundreds of assets for various projects that are all meant to be looped, and sharing them with the sorry excuse for an audio player that is native to the dropbox site has finally annoyed me to the point where I'm ready to change file sharing providers.

It irks me to no end that after years of asking, the Dropbox team has not implemented this request.  What will it take, Dropbox?  I'm in several composer forums/groups on various sites, do I need to start a petition?  What exactly is the hang-up?  Even if your devs are coding the backend from scratch, adding a repeat button to the track is something that even a kid with no programming knowledge and a wordpress template can manage, so why are we still begging?  I highly doubt they're incapable, it just seems like the request is being ignored.

Need more support?