cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication required on ipad files app

Authentication required on ipad files app

pasto
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, 

when trying to import from the files app on an iPad, it keeps asking for authentication in the Dropbox app, I did logged myself in the app but Files keeps asking and don’t give me access to the dB files.

thanx a lot for your help.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Potterd
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
My issue was resolved when I used the Files app on a different device (Pad) to access Dropbox and then returned to the 1st device (iPhone) to find that the problem was fixed. I took this opportunity to clean up the device list info in Dropbox/Settings/Security in case Dropbox Security is to blame. Hope this helps someone .....

View solution in original post

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that you’re still having trouble with this. In order to further investigate on the matter, I’d recommend moving this discussion to email. For this reason, I’ve sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Abernathy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi pasto (and everyone!) 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We've fixed this for the next release, but it won't be out for about a week and a half.

In the meantime, we do have a workaroudn: After you've logged into Dropbox, simply restart your device. It's sort of annoying as a workaround, but we've found it consistently works because the restart makes all of the underlying process associated with the Files app restart as well, which breaks out of the authentication issue.

Please note: This workaround will not work if you're logged out when the device is restarted.

Cheers!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! 🙂

24 Replies 24

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @pasto!

Could you please clarify if you’re able to access your files through the mobile app? Could you also provide me with a screenshot of the error message that you’re seeing (excluding personal info) so as to have a better understanding?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Potterd
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

For what it's worth, I am having the same problem.  Cannot access Dropbox via the Files App - asks me to open the Dropbox app and sign in and I am already signed in with Passcode disabled and can access files without issues.  Also no problem accessing Dropbox via the Adobe app - reachable via [personal information removed]

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @Potterd. Initially, please note that I’ve removed personal info included in your post for security and privacy purposes. 

Moving on to your concern though, could you please try disabling Passcode and try again? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Buldir
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I’m also having this issue without having a passcode enabled.

iOS 12.1

Dropbox app 120.2.4

Potterd
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
My issue was resolved when I used the Files app on a different device (Pad) to access Dropbox and then returned to the 1st device (iPhone) to find that the problem was fixed. I took this opportunity to clean up the device list info in Dropbox/Settings/Security in case Dropbox Security is to blame. Hope this helps someone .....

Buldir
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion, Potterd. I rebooted the iPad, opened the Files app, and access to my Dropbox files was restored.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for getting back to us on this, @Potterd and @Buldir, glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end. :laughing:

Should you have any other questions, just give us a shout. In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Potterd
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
First time forum user so appreciate the guidance !

annamariem
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi,

I unfortunately have the same issue but am not able to solve it with the method described in the previous comments.
No matter how many times I log out and log into the dropbox app, having it synced with the Files app on my iPad, the Files app on my iPhone would repeatedly ask for authentification.

Any suggestions?
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Anticia Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?