cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication required on ipad files app

Authentication required on ipad files app

pasto
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello, 

when trying to import from the files app on an iPad, it keeps asking for authentication in the Dropbox app, I did logged myself in the app but Files keeps asking and don’t give me access to the dB files.

thanx a lot for your help.

24 Replies 24

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @Anticia

Have you tried signing out and back in, as well as clearing the cache, by any chance? Are you having this issue when you are connected to Wi-Fi or data? 

Any additional info on this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Anticia
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Lusil
Yes, signing in and out didn't help. However I'm not sure how to delete cache on iOS devices, I will look it up next time.
I'm on always wi-fi, I don't have a data plan for my iPad.
However my Authentication problem was solved eventually, by deleting and reinstalling the app (for the 2nd time). Not the disappearing Favourites, but it was the lesser issue anyway. It would be nice to have that feature but I can live without it.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Glad to hear you were able to resolve your initial concern, @Anticia

As for your other query, we could take this to email due to account-specific info required so as to further investigate. In this case, I can contact you via email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Let me know how you’d like to proceed! :upside_down:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Anticia
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

@Lusil
Thank you, that sounds nice!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No worries, @Anticia!

I've sent you an email to the email address that's connected to your Forum profile, so please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Anticia Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?