cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Sync Google Docs with Dropbox

Auto Sync Google Docs with Dropbox

CarinaMeyer71
New member | Level 2

Is there a product/tool that will auto sync Google Docs with Dropbox for Business?  And then a backup tool to backup Dropbox folders and files to an external device - in a Microsoft office recognisable document format

3 Replies 3

Re: Auto Sync Google Docs with Dropbox

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @CarinaMeyer71, thanks for messaging the Community!

Currently, there is an implementation to sync Google Docs in Dropbox, however, this is for docs created in the Dropbox account itself.

Regarding backing up files to an external device, there should be some apps and services that can assist with this, though I’m not certain they can convert all your files into Microsoft Office files.

Let me know if you need any further info!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

CarinaMeyer71
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay,

The option to download the Dropbox desktop app, and from there sync to an external HD, seems like an vaibale option.  It mentioned just that should the external device not be available you might loose all your documents.  On the external HD or in your Dropbox Business account??

Regards

Jay
Dropboxer

What you're referring to is the ability to move the Dropbox folder to another location, including an external drive. It's different to your request for a backup tool to move files on your account elsewhere.

If the external drive is disconnected, it's possible it could result in deletion of your files located on your Dropbox account.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?