cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto create folders with sub-folders (Salesforce)

Auto create folders with sub-folders (Salesforce)

JW15
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My company is new to DB and we are getting ready to sync DB with salesforce. We have a folder structure currently in DB and would like to continue using this structure. I have tested in SF sandbox and it seems to work, but I am wondering how I can have folders created automatically within a folder.

Example: When we have a project we -  (1) create a folder and label it with the project name and project number. We then go into this folder and Inside this folder, we would like to have 14 other folders that are named create automatically within this project folder.  Can you let me know if this is possible and if it is, where I can obtain step by step information on how to set this up for my company?

Thank You !!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey again @JW15, apologies for missing your last post here!

From what I understand, this is an action that you would need to take within Dropbox rather than the Salesforce interface I'm afraid.

Sorry that I can't be much more help with this.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @JW15, I hope you're having a good day so far!

I'm happy to say that this is entirely possible to do. You can create a template folder containing the subfolder structure that you'd like, using the steps outlined here

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JW15
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Daphne,

I am having a good day so far and I hope the same for you.

Thank You for the quick response. The only question that I did not see a reply was for the portion that asks if the folders will create automatically?

JW15
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Would there happen to be a video available to show how the templates are set-up?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me here @JW15!

Once you've created the template, you'll need to trigger the generation of the template in a record.

To do that, you can add a file into the Dropbox folder for that record, within the "Salesforce Documents" folder in your Dropbox account.

I'm afraid we don't have any official videos for this, but I'm sure you can find some with a quick web search if the visual is more helpful.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

JW15
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Daphne,

Thank You for the assistance with this. I was able to create the folders, but I am having one issue that I hope you can assist with. When creating my opportunity, the folders drop into the opportunity. I try to upload a document into the folder and it will not move. The document is a PDF. I have tried a word doc and it did not work. The folder line will turn green like it is supposed to when it is an active line.  We are looking for drag & drop from inside SF to the DB folders. We do not want to have the people go into DB to drag into the folders to show correctly in SF.

Dropbox in SF - cant drag & drop into folders.jpg 

JW15
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

We recently installed dropbox into our salesforce professional edition.

I was able to create the folder structure so when a folder is created there will be folders that drop down into the sales opportunity. There are documents that we have that need to go into these folders that dropped in SF.

When I click on the documents to drag into the folder, the document line will turn green, but it will not move to the folder that I am trying to move the document into.

We do not want to have to go into DB to add the document into the folder as this defeats the purpose of having DB in SF. We want to drag the document in salesforce to the folders that dropped into SF from the folder structure.

Can you please help me to understand why we are unable to drag documents into the folders inside SF? or if we are doing something incorrectly.

Thank You

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey again @JW15, apologies for missing your last post here!

From what I understand, this is an action that you would need to take within Dropbox rather than the Salesforce interface I'm afraid.

Sorry that I can't be much more help with this.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    JW15 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?