cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: avast x dropbox

Mark
Super User II

You actually need to say what the issue is @irobot 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

phishing warning when i connect from menu on my mac

PoloMaol
New member | Level 2

Since this morning I get a phishing warning every time i try to open dropbox from menu. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, run avast, and nothing changed. It opens fine from my browser. What is happening ? How do i deal with this ?Screenshot 2019-11-03 at 11.05.27.pngth this ?

Warning phishing file when opening dropbox.com

RonStar19
Explorer | Level 3

when opening dropbox.com through the dropbox icon Avast gives a warning about a phishing file. Dropbox.com will not open. I tried this on 3 computers. Every attempt give a different filename. The treat stayes the same: HTML:PhisingDpx-CS[Phish]. There is no warning when opening dropbox.com through the browser.

System: Windows 10 / dropbox version 84.4.170 / Avast free version 19.8.2393 - 18.8.4793.544.

Is this a phishing file in the dropbox app? Is it a false warning by Avast?

irobot
Explorer | Level 4

Similar problem that RonStar19 relates:

"when opening dropbox.com through the dropbox icon Avast gives a warning about a phishing file. Dropbox.com will not open. I tried this on 3 computers. Every attempt give a different filename. The treat stayes the same: HTML:PhisingDpx-CS[Phish]. There is no warning when opening dropbox.com through the browser".

My system is Windows 7.

Same question:

"Is this a phishing file in the dropbox app? Is it a false warning by Avast?"

Thanks.

Re: Avast blocks opening Dropbox Web site from the application

derekchan
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem.  AVG blocks it.  Unlink, uninstall dropbox, reinstall dropbox, scan pc, it doesn't solve the problemthreat.pngthreat.png

Re: Warning phishing file when opening dropbox.com

AtoW
Helpful | Level 6

Same problem!

Can't access my Dropbox online account. Whenever I try to open a file, my antivirus (AVG, Mac OS) shows the message: "We've moved dbxlv8meh35h.html in our Quarantine because it was infected with HTML: Phishing Dpx-Cs [PHIS]."

Mette5
Explorer | Level 4

Same problem with my online account + I can not open my excel files from my offline dropbox account.
I believe the dropbox system was recently updated ?

Strawdozz
New member | Level 2

Same problem. Advice would be appreciated. File is called HTML:PhisingDpx-CS[Phish].

Not very encouraging name. Is this dropbox? Is it a false alarm? 

DB_User31
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem on my MAC.  If I try to use the link in the app, I get that same warning.  If I use my browser to go to Dropbox.com, there is no problem.   I just spent an hour on the phone with Avast. Their conclusion is that the link Dropbox provides in the app is a malicious link.  They assured me that my computer is fine and advised me to contact Dropbox.  This is easier said than done.  Apparently they do not have phone support - just that ridiculous bot, that did nothing accept arrange for an e-mail contact which could take up to 72 hours.  Some customer support!

Mette5
Explorer | Level 4

As we have different kinds of virus programs - it seems obvious that the problem is not in the virus program - but in dropbox itself..... So please dropbox !!!! get on the line here..

Need more support?