cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure AD SSO with existing Dropbox account

Azure AD SSO with existing Dropbox account

meekowave
New member | Level 2

Has anybody set up Azure AD SSO with an existing dropbox account with users, permissions and data already setup? 

I've gone through the dropbox article on how to set up SSO but i feel like its steered more towards new dropbox accounts. I need to know whether Azure AD users will marry up with their respective dropbox users so that we dont have to recreate users and reassign permissions.

1 Reply 1

Re: Azure AD SSO with existing Dropbox account

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @meekowave; welcome to our Community!

As you're probably aware, Microsoft Azure AD helps you not only configure single sign-on (SSO) for your Dropbox Business team account, but also, manage provisioning and deprovisioning Dropbox Business users through Azure AD directly. 

That said, I'd suggest you give it a go to see how it works out for you. Just make sure the following requirements are met: 

• A team admin account on a Dropbox Business team
  • A Microsoft Azure subscription
  • An Azure AD user account with a valid email address

I hope this helps and please keep me posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?