cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background uploading not staying on

Background uploading not staying on

r1701me
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is anyone have an issue where if you turn on Background Uploading, it will work for a little while after turning off the app, then you'll get the notification that uploading is paused and I'll need to launch the app to continue?  When I do launch the app, uploading begins.  I'll go and check the setting for Background Uploading and it will be set back to OFF.  Both my iphone and ipad (with iOS 11.0.2) are having the exact same problem.

I'm running the latest version of Dropbox (66.2.8) with iOS 11.0.2.  I have also checked location permisions and they are set to always use.  Dropbox also has access to background app refresh as well photos.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

10 Replies 10

Joe M.10
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Sanchez, 

Thanks for the message.  Indeed, I have IOS 11.2.6, and the most recent version of the app on an iPhone 10.  I actually just got the phone, and was seeing the same thing on my 6S+.  I sent support a message.  The ticket number is: #7621256 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Joe M.10 Helpful | Level 6
    Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?