cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Our Community can help you set up and make Dropbox work for you. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bizarre Side Effects of Dropbox Feature

Helpful | Level 5
I don’t get this. I want to change from a “List View” to a “Grid View” so I can see the images better without having to select them, but when I change my view option from a “List View” to a “Grid View” why does the order of my files change? I have file names beginning with “1” all the way to “46”, in “List View” it lists all my files correctly from 1 to 46. However, in “Grid View” files start from “1” then “10” and “11” etc follow on from it...even I when I sort the order by name.

Why can’t these things be simple?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bizarre Side Effects of Dropbox Feature

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Ovi, this is a bug and we have a fix. It will be in a release soon. Grid view should sort the same as List view for Sort by Name.

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Ovi, thanks for letting us know about this. Could you let me know what type of device you're using?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Ovi, this is a bug and we have a fix. It will be in a release soon. Grid view should sort the same as List view for Sort by Name.

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
@JohnDropbox I’m using the iPhone app (iOS).

And @Maple thank you for the quick reply, it’s good to know this will be fixed soon.
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

It's happening again...

What happened?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Ovi A.1,

We fixed this bug and I can't reproduce it anymore. Assuming your app is up to date, which tab are you in?

Many thanks.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?