cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre Side Effects of Dropbox Feature

Bizarre Side Effects of Dropbox Feature

Ovi A.1
Helpful | Level 5
I don’t get this. I want to change from a “List View” to a “Grid View” so I can see the images better without having to select them, but when I change my view option from a “List View” to a “Grid View” why does the order of my files change? I have file names beginning with “1” all the way to “46”, in “List View” it lists all my files correctly from 1 to 46. However, in “Grid View” files start from “1” then “10” and “11” etc follow on from it...even I when I sort the order by name.

Why can’t these things be simple?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bizarre Side Effects of Dropbox Feature

Maple
Dropboxer

Hi Ovi, this is a bug and we have a fix. It will be in a release soon. Grid view should sort the same as List view for Sort by Name.

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

JohnDropbox
Dropboxer

Hi Ovi, thanks for letting us know about this. Could you let me know what type of device you're using?

Maple
Dropboxer

Hi Ovi, this is a bug and we have a fix. It will be in a release soon. Grid view should sort the same as List view for Sort by Name.

------------------------------
iOS Engineer @ Dropbox

Ovi A.1
Helpful | Level 5
@JohnDropbox I’m using the iPhone app (iOS).

And @Maple thank you for the quick reply, it’s good to know this will be fixed soon.

Ovi A.1
Helpful | Level 5

It's happening again...

What happened?

Ross_S
Dropboxer

Hi @Ovi A.1,

We fixed this bug and I can't reproduce it anymore. Assuming your app is up to date, which tab are you in?

Many thanks.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ross_S Dropboxer
    Ovi A.1 Helpful | Level 5
    Maple Dropboxer
    JohnDropbox Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?